Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Give us your feedback - 0.9.0

Solved!

Give us your feedback - 0.9.0

Hey everyone,

Following on from our previous thread on 0.8.8, we've started up this thread to gather feedback from you on 0.9.0.

We want to hear what you love, what you hate, and any other emotions you have towards the app.

You'll find a list of everything that's changed in the app in our release notes hereAnd we'll be keeping this post updated with the changes we're making, along with where you can give us further feedback.

What we've changed:

1. The app should be a lot quicker now. So if you were affected by any slow behaviour previously, this shouldn't be an issue any more.

2. Clicking anywhere in the Now Playing box, rather than just the album art, will bring you straight to the song. This was reported here.

Where you can give us further feedback with your comments and kudos:

1. Change the white interface [we're currently reaching to users about this directly]

2. Changes to the activity feed -

i. Bring back the old activity feed

ii. The Favourites feature

iii.Greater control of content in the feed: 

3. Bring back the total playlst length:

4. Filter option on artist pages

5. Go back to the old artist layout 

6. Ability to view all Facebook friends in the Follow tab:

7. View all playlist followers

8. Block/Remove followers 

9. Separate artists and friends

10. Remove 'who to follow'

11. Revert the font back to the original size (or provide an option to do so)

12. Restore 'View as Album List'

Thanks for all your support. We appreciate that there are a lot of changes going on at the moment and it can be a bumpy road at times. But we're confident that you'll like where we're going.

All your opinions matter and go into making Spotify the best product it can be. Keep it coming!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
920 Replies

@o-l-a-v

In the folder AppData/Roaming/Spotify for your username, what files do you see there? Is there a "settings" file with a recent timestamp? How about a "running" file?

Can you post a screenshot?

Also, there may be some issue with how Spotify runs... did you try running the Spotify.exe in this folder if there is one?

This is nonsense, really. I'm one of those VERY unhappy costumers with 0.8.8 & 0.9, so I "Upggraded" to 0.8.5 which worked perfectly, until today. The client closes every 10 minutes, what a crappy service.

I'm paying 10Euros / month...this thread is one of many others, and this one in particular is 75 pages long. Come on guys, Google music is coming and you're making a fool of yourselves and making your PAYING costumers unhappy!

I'm downgrading to 6.3 (mac). You can download it from here:

http://spotify.en.uptodown.com/mac/old

I can confirm this, this version does not seem to have gapless playback option within the preferences, this option must have been in the verions of .0.7 or early 0.8 when this option popped up, I do not seem to recall as to when spotify added gapless playback, spotify does not do release notes very well for it's customer base. You might try playing around with an 0.7 version of the player and see if gapless is there and if it will work with the spotify service without shutting down on it's own.

There's no 0.7 version. It jumps from 0.65 to 0.80

Spotify 0.8.1.32 Download for Windows / Old Versions Page 3 / FileHorse.com -

http://www.filehorse.com/download-spotify/9303/old-versions/page-3/

Opps sorry about that did not notice the versions jumped like that.

@AbsolutelyNoFB

I've been in the %appdata% folder. I've started the EXE straight from this location, without compability, with windows 7 compability, and windows xp sp3. No luck. I also tried to ectract the exe from installer to my desktop. I remember that worked perfectly back in the days, when i had no admin privileges. Didn't work either. 

@o-l-a-v

If you delete the settings and running files from this directory and then run Spotify.exe, do you get these files back? Also, if you disable your internet and then run Spotify, does that exhibit the same behavior?

It may be that v0.6.5.2 doesn't run on Windows 8 for some reason. I'm just wondering at what point in running the Spotify executable that it fails to see if there are any clues. I only run Windows 8 in test VMs, so I don't know a lot about it.

Have dropped back to version 0.6.5 which seems absolutely amazing. Totally responsive. Some small additions missing but my requirements are met by playing music which is after all what Spotify was for. Spotify has so lost it's way. I just installed straight over 0.8.5 on Vista and its working fine. Oh how i wish it still worked like this.

@AbsolutelyNoFB wrote:

@o-l-a-v

It may be that v0.6.5.2 doesn't run on Windows 8 for some reason. I'm just wondering at what point in running the Spotify executable that it fails to see if there are any clues. I only run Windows 8 in test VMs, so I don't know a lot about it.

It works perfectly on Win8. I've just installed it over v0.8.5.

@tetsuo76

Any ideas on why the v0.6.5.2 Spotify wouldn't run for o-l-a-v? It seems to have worked fine for me (Win 7 x64), you (Windows 8), and BigKev57 (Vista). I wonder what's different.

dear friends of spotify,

I'd like to highlight that the feedback on the 0.9 update is that people are talking about the 0.6 version. Wow. Impressive. You can tell your development department.

sincerely.

@Sodium

One more very nice feature of the version 0.6.5.2 upgrade is that it doesn't automatically reset my Windows audio settings all the time like the later client versions did.

So far, there is a lot to recommend the 2011 vintage of Spotify 🙂

I agree I can not believe spotify jumped so far from this kind of app to what it has now. There is also a feature I did not notice even in the 0.8.5.1333 version I was running. When you are within a playlists, the playlist name shows up in the upper left hand side in dark grey and that playlists name is in white, looks so nice. Now I want an option in this version for an auto hide feature for the playlists and library 🙂 The team that developed this version did such a wonderful job. Even the facebook recent activity works flawless with this version if anyone here cares about that.

I just twittered this message to Daniel Ek, the CEO of Spotify. 

@eldsjal Just thought you would like to know that people are installing client 0.6.5 (2011) because it is far superior to the new rubbish.

I doubt it will make a jot of difference but i enjoy telling him how rubbish his company product has become. I subscribe to Spotify so they owe me some enjoyment.

@BigKev57

I'm thinking of nominating Daniel Ek for a special prize. I'm sure he will win if we send in enough forms 🙂 Here's a picture of last year's winner:

2012-COTY.jpg

@BigKev57 wrote:

I just twittered this message to Daniel Ek, the CEO of Spotify. 

@eldsjal Just thought you would like to know that people are installing client 0.6.5 (2011) because it is far superior to the new rubbish.

I doubt it will make a jot of difference but i enjoy telling him how rubbish his company product has become. I subscribe to Spotify so they owe me some enjoyment.

That's actually a pretty good idea.  If enough people tweet him the link to this topic, he might actually glance at it.

I strongly suspect you should be tweeting that to the investors instead. I'd bet they're the ones responsible for these changes.  I'm pretty sure they don't read the forums.

And thanks everyone for the warnings about 0.8.5 crashing. I am going to install 0.6.5 over my beloved 0.8.5 so I can access my playlists and start setting up Google Music.

Cheers!

Yep, using 0.6.3 for Mac now. It's nice to have my 600 track playlist again. I hope Spotify figures their stuff out, and doesn't forget about us peeps who aren't using the newest operating system. The fact that Google Music All Access doesn't have an iPhone app (I think? Yet?) keeps me with Spotify currently. Don't enjoy having to figure out ways around their downfalls just to listen to music I've subscribed for though. I suppose we'll see what happens.

I've loved you for a long time Spotify, but you're getting exhausting.

I'm a new user and was extremely happy to see that you have a Linux version of Spotify.  AND, it works great!  The look of the app and the sound is amazing.  Great work.  Keep it up.

Roger

So it's normal that 0.8.5 is crashing for me? Not sure what exact version I have. It worked fine yesterday, but today it only stays open for two seconds before closing immediately afterwards. I guess I'm going to Pandora or Google's new service, or back to iTunes, or to YouTube, for my music needs... at least I only wasted $20.

edit - I see all the threads about this problem now, haha. My apologies.

Suggested posts