Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HOW do I import from iTunes?

Solved!

HOW do I import from iTunes?

The Spotify help page isnt very useful - https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/playlists/import-playlists-from-itunes/

I don't have a menu bar on my desk top. Also the example picture on this page is a Mac drop down menu. I run Windows.

thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Mumsy4, you are on the Spotify Account website, not the desktop app. To download the desktop app, go here. Once downloaded you should be able to sign in, click file, and select "Import from iTunes".

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hey @Mumsy4, welcome to the Spotify Community.

Maybe this document fits your needs better. It describes how to import local data and you can also see a function to import from itunes.

https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/playlists/listen-to-local-files/

Also, if you want to import whole playlists, not just the library, you could hit Files on the upper left side of Spotify, then import playlists, iTunes.

Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Impressive response time!!

I'll check that out. thanks

Actually my desktop page doesnt look like the one in the picture. The drop down menu next to my name only lists Account and Log Out. I have a premium account. And these are the options on the left of the screen. What am I missing?? thanks

thanks for your response @Mumsy4.

Could you please take a screenshot? If not, you could also try to hit Alt and F, this should bring up that menu. I will check if the top menu could be hidden somehow.

IMG_7179.JPGmenu on the left of the screenmenu on the left of the screen

thanks for the screenshots @Mumsy4,

but they are from the upper right side, the menu bar is on the upper left.

Alt F opens the drop down menu on my browers not the Spotify site, and doesnt offer the import playlists option (why would it 🙂

Marked as solution

Hey @Mumsy4, you are on the Spotify Account website, not the desktop app. To download the desktop app, go here. Once downloaded you should be able to sign in, click file, and select "Import from iTunes".

ok, can i assume then that you use the web player, not the Spotify App?

The second picture is the menu on the left - there is no Upper Left menu, just this one.

I use the app on my phone but I want to download the playlists from itunes and I assume I do that from my desktop, where all my itunes stuff is.... I know its a user error, I will have a look at the desktop app (I didn't know there was one). I gotta go out so will get back to this later. thanks for all your help.

hey @Mumsy4, you are correct, you need to do the import using the desktop app if your music is on your computer.

By Jove I think she's got it..... I am a muppet!!!  I was on the website not the app page. thanks so much!!

Suggested posts