Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Harmon Kardon speaker no longer plays the correct song after upgrading to premium

Harmon Kardon speaker no longer plays the correct song after upgrading to premium

Plan

Premium

Country
US

Device

Harmon Kardon speaker

Operating System

My Question or Issue
I have a Harmon kardon speaker I play spotify with via voice commands. It has always worked perfectly until today after I upgraded to premium. Now it will not play anything I ask it to but behaves as if it is. It repeats the song and says playing (song name) like normal and then plays something completely and totally unrelated. It will not play anything I want to listen to.

I have tried resetting device but there is no reinstall programs on the speaker just a reset which , I tried. I do not use Spotify on a phone or pc or anywhere but this speaker and premium broke it. I can say play, Led Zeppelin "Black Dog" for instance and it will play Shania twain or something random I dont even listen to while saying out loud "Now playing Led Zeppelin, black Dog".

Does anyone know how this happens or should I just cancel my sub and hope it undoes whatever they did when they changed it to premium?

1 Reply

Hey there @forcedaccount11,

thanks for posting in the community !

Please make sure that your speaker is up to speed on the latest firmware updates. 

In addition, please make sure you're using the right steps on this Spotify Connect help page.

However there are similar issues with the Harmon Kardon speakers on a few threads provding solutions and options i believe you should check out (1.2,3)

Let me know if this helps 😃

Suggested posts