Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hide someone else's playlist from my public profile

Solved!

Hide someone else's playlist from my public profile

I'm following someone's collaborative playlist and it shows up on my profile (public playlists). I don't want this, is there any way to remove it from there without unfollowing the playlist? On this person's profile you can't see this particular playlist.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@ALG_Phoenix

It's quite strange!
I tried things and figured that if you followed the playlist and had it made public before the friend made it a collaborative playlist, it remains public, even though it's not supposed to be.

Unfollowing and re-following the collab playlist should work - at least it worked for me and the playlist won't show up among public playlists anymore. 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @ALG_Phoenix

Collaborative playlists are private by default (it's not possible to make them public).

You can try looking at your profile through the web player without logging in to see if it's still there.Just copy your profile link from the client and paste it on your browser's address bar.

Also, try logging in and see if the playlist is popping up when you've logged in. 🙂

If you can't see the playlist like that, I suggest reinstalling your client. Here's a guide on how to.

Let me know how you get on!

SebastySpotify Star

Hi! Thanks for replying 🙂

I tried what you suggested and in the web player I cannot see the playlist if I'm not logged in (as you predicted). When I logged in in the web player it reappered however.

I tried reinstalling Spotify but in the app the playlist is still listed as a "public playlist".

I also took a look at my profile from an account from a friend and he was able to see the playlist as well (which I'm trying to prevent, it's quite a personal playlist).

Not quite sure what I should do now but open for suggestions 🙂

Marked as solution

@ALG_Phoenix

It's quite strange!
I tried things and figured that if you followed the playlist and had it made public before the friend made it a collaborative playlist, it remains public, even though it's not supposed to be.

Unfollowing and re-following the collab playlist should work - at least it worked for me and the playlist won't show up among public playlists anymore. 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star

Wow, this is the simplest solution I could imagine!

You're absolutely right sir! It worked.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Suggested posts