Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC and Mobile

Operating System

Windows and Android

My Question or Issue

On the home screen the first 4 items are randomly chosen months ago and semi-permanent for some reason, one of which is an album I listened to 1 song on 4 months ago and it won't go away. There is nothing I can do to remove this album and I'm tired of looking at it, I even went to the artist and told Spotify never to play that artist but it still persists.

A lesser but still problematic issue with this theme-less list is that it always contains my Daily Mix 4 for no particular reason (it's not my most used one, it was just chosen randomly a couple years ago and stayed) and because of this Daily Mix 4 doesn't show in the Made for Me section below. This is confusing and infuriating, and a clearly broken feature.

Clipboard01.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @SoulShinobi, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you make sure Facebook data and Tailored ads are enabled here? I had the same issue where it was stuck and occasionally that section would disappear.

Please note that you have to wait for around a week for the changes to take effect (it could happen faster).

If you have those on, turn them off, wait a few days and turn them back on, again waiting for the changes to take effect.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @SoulShinobi, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you make sure Facebook data and Tailored ads are enabled here? I had the same issue where it was stuck and occasionally that section would disappear.

Please note that you have to wait for around a week for the changes to take effect (it could happen faster).

If you have those on, turn them off, wait a few days and turn them back on, again waiting for the changes to take effect.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Wow, that ACTUALLY worked, and right away! You've clearly discovered the cause of the glitch, but Spotify still needs to patch it. When turning the ad tracking back off there's some quirky behavior like confusion between old and new versions of Daily Mix playlists that are completely different genres - But this is at least a short term fix for what I wanted. Thanks!

Suggested posts