Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Hotkey for Thumbs up or down

Solved!

Hotkey for Thumbs up or down

I'm just checking if anybody has figured out a way to do this and maybe I'm missing something. I'm looking for a way to assign a hotkey to thumbs up or thumbs down a radio station, however it needs to get done. Blockify and Toastify don't seem to implement this, and I'm not even sure if libspotify has this open for a call to be sent to the app. I run a lot of full screen applications with the radio in the background so having a hotkey for thumbs up/down would be really helpful. If I have to write a script myself I'm down for it, just looking to save time where I can. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

9 Replies

Hello!

There is currently a an idea to add global hotkeys to Spotify, add your Kudos here. 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Submitting it as an idea is cool but I'd rather not wait on developers who may or may not implement the feature if I can do it myself(unless somebody already has done it). Thanks for the tip though.

Hello again!

Sure, i also found this project, if your a Mac user it doesn't have hotkeys for the radio feature but for a lot of other things 🙂 You can check it out here! Here is also a list of keyboard shortcuts in Spotify here. Sorry that the function your looking for is not available though :/, i encourage you to still add your Kudos so it can eventually be officially added, if selected to go that far. 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

I just setup automouseclick software utility by murgee (30 day trial, then 5$ - http://www.murgee.com/auto-mouse-click/) with spotify running on a second screen.

Check out the documentation and you'll get the idea, it's very easy to set up. 2 minutes.

Run two instances of the software, one with hotkey assinged to click on thumb down, other one on up.

Delay before click: 500ms
cursor back: checked
repeat count: 1

Surely this can be done free of charge with autohotkey/autoit, and I might get into that if I find any problems.

The only downside I've detected so far is that your current window looses focus.

Give it a try and do report back your experience.

edit: maybe it's possible to virtualize second screen (virtual desktop software) for those that don't want/have second screen

Marked as solution

Toastify (http://toastify.codeplex.com) now supports this!

Yes! I can confirm this works great. Figured I trade the ability to minimize to system tray for this but whatevs, it's progress!

Guys, I cannot figure out how I can set global hotkeys for thumbs up / thumbs down in toastify (now I am skipping unwanted music with "next track" hotkey) What am I missing?

Unfortunately we had to remove the functionality because it was too invasive (memory impact and other performance issues) and, surprisingly, had a very small user base. It would be great if Spotify supported this out of the box, but in reality this is not even on their priority list.

Oh **bleep**, I really wish I could do that

Screenshot_1.png

Suggested posts