Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I control iOS and Android Spotify volume from Windows 10 or the browser?

How can I control iOS and Android Spotify volume from Windows 10 or the browser?

Plan

Premium

Devices

(Windows 10, iOS, Android 12)

Expected Result

When using Spotify Connect, I would expect to control the connected device's volume. For example, when controlling my iPad with the Windows 10 Spotify app, I would expect a way to control the volume of the iPad. Sadly the volume is grayed out.

Steps taken to troubleshoot

Uninstalled and reinstalled the apps on all devices
Signed out and back in on all apps.

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hey there @Admin-Aardvark,

We appreciate that you're reaching out to the Community!

Currently you can change the volume of a connected speaker through Connect but that won't work on your phone/tablet.
If you're listening on your computer, you can control the volume from your phone with Connect (as long as the Spotify app is running in the background), however the opposite is not currently possible.

As Spotify is always looking for ways to upgrade the user experience, we'd like to suggest opening a new Idea about this.
Leave a detailed description of the desired functionality and we'll take it from there! 🙂

As soon as an Idea gathers enough +VOTEs, it may very well be taken into consideration by Spotify.

Hope you found this helpful!
Let us know if you happen to have any questions.

Cheers!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts