Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I find the "Your Daily Mix " on a Laptop/PC?

Solved!

How do I find the "Your Daily Mix " on a Laptop/PC?

I noticed the "Your Daily Mix" lists that get presented to you when you use the cell phone app, but I don't see on the full desktop application on my laptop. Can someone tell me where I can find these when using the applicaiton on a Windows laptop?

Thanks,

103 Replies

😞

Follow me

Use your phone app to control and "listen on your PC". Just open spotify on both devices and sign in with same account. Then play the daily mix using your phone, choosing your PC as your connected device.  Audio is output from PC but song list is chosen by the phone. 

Thanks 

Ben 

Easiest solution to save entire Daily Mix Playlist: Open the playlist on your phone, then play it on your computer (like everyone else said) - now, in order to save all the songs (instead of 1-by-1 via mobile), click the "hamburger"-icon (queue) next to Lyrics - drag&drop all songs in queue to a playlist and enjoy ANYWHERE.

I don't see the option to save Daily Mix to a playlist on Android - is this only available on iOS? The Daily Mixes are a great feature, it would be nice to have capabilities standardised across all platforms and OS.

No need to save the playlists as they are already a saved playlist and will always be avaialble in the "Your Daily Mix" tab.

If your looking to save music from your daily mix playlists you could create a new playlist and save to it. But I think this takes away from how the Daily Mixes are intended to function with liking and disliking songs in order to improve that said Daily Mix.

More information here on how they work:

https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/search_play/daily-mix/

Hope this was helpful in some way 🙂

I WAS ABLE TO PLAY THE DAILY MIX FROM MY PHONE BUT SHOWED UP ON MY DESKTOP AND SPEAKERS. JUST PUSH PLAY ON YOUR PHONE AND SET THE MUSIC TO PLAY OFF OF YOUR DESKTOP VIA MOBILE OR DESKTOP.

Thanks for the quick reply. I would like to be able to download the
playlist to listen to on the go without eating loads of mobile data,
ideally. And if a mix is really good, I would like the option to save it to
listen again at some point without individually saving each track to a
playlist.

I'll play the conspiracy theorist for the day.

Maybe the daily mix feature was added per-request of mobile providers as a way to use more data. This may be the case because except from not being able to use the feature on PC, you also can't sync the songs on your phone to play them without using data.

At least in Europe, unlimited mobile data contracts are not very common. So, a way of chewing threw your data package means more money for mobile providers.

Even if this is the case, I hope that at least Spotify sees that this feature is something their customers really like and push it soon to PC versions of Spotify soon.

That's really dumb, especially for a service I pay for. Very disappointed.

Is there any plan to make it available on Desktop? I listen to Spotify mostly at work, or in the car, and I don't want to use my data to stream it while I am driving.

Yeah It's a good idea, but add it on the desktop version please!

this only works on the mobile ios and android versions of spotify

Yes I know. I just suggest to add this option to ghe desktop app!

Thanks, this is a very handy workaround. Works great. Hope Spotify get this feature on desktop soon! 

Then let us have it on the PC/Mac clients.  Why would you do that?

typical spotify nonsense...

what's more to it: i can continue playing the plailyst if i open the desktop app while listening on the phone, so that means the app recognises the playlist, but you can't see it. great.

The "start it playing on the phone" trick appears to no longer work. It no longer loads more songs "as you listen", if it ever did. I could have sworn I had tested this, but I just noticed I've been listening to the same 10 or so songs on repeat all day. I tested it with spotify open and watched it repeat back to the top instead of loading more songs. It loaded more songs after plugging my headphones into my phone.

Until they release it for the desktop, simply start playing it on the mobile device. Next, click on "Devices Available" and select your desktop instead of the mobile device. You can then control it as normal from the desktop app.

iPhone_A.png
iPhone_B.png

I used my phone to control the music playing on my laptop.  It works!

Will it ever be available for desktop?

Suggested posts