Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I find the "Your Daily Mix " on a Laptop/PC?

Solved!

How do I find the "Your Daily Mix " on a Laptop/PC?

I noticed the "Your Daily Mix" lists that get presented to you when you use the cell phone app, but I don't see on the full desktop application on my laptop. Can someone tell me where I can find these when using the applicaiton on a Windows laptop?

Thanks,

103 Replies

There are still people out there who don't have a smartphone/tablet. Some can't afford it, some simply don't care for them, and some are too young.

On top of this, you're about the 20th person in this thread suggesting the phone redirect. So you didn't read our replies but you expect us to read yours... ugh.

Daily Mixes are coming to Desktop 🙂

https://twitter.com/alv4/status/814869135364603908

Is appearing on my Personal PC and I love it. In my work Laptop is not appearing yet. Hope they make it available to everyone soon.

I don't think it's available directly through the desktop yet. But if you start playing it on your phone you can tap the little "Listening on: iPhone" or whatever the exact wording is at the bottom of your phone screen. It should pull up the list of devices that you've used to log into Spotify on. Click the desktop you want to listen to the mix on and then it should start playing there. Bit putzy, but it works.

I've had the daily mix on my  apple IMac desktop for the last couple of weeks at least.  I started off with 4 mixes and just yesterday saw I now have 6. I listen  a lot more through my desktop than phone so this is great for me. 

I can't get it for my Macbook still. Is it availble for Macbook?

I now see the "Your Daily Mix" under the "Your Music" category after installing the Spotify program on my Windows PC.  However, it wasn't seen from using the Web Player.

How about bringging Daily Mixes for my windows phone app?

Spotify peeps, listen up.. you guys have way to many inconsistencies between versions and platforms of your software.... it's almost as if your different developers dont ever meet or talk to each other. Have a suggestion, how about a weekly morning coffee or tea with all dev depts present? 🙂 say for an hour? Your customer uses all these different access points to their music, so you might want to be just a tad bit more consistent. I think the funniest example of this is the playlist now in reverse order (which by the way) cant be reveresed in your web version. Quit trying to solve my discovery problem (you solved it) just be more consistent between versions, platforms etc... Thank You! I still love your service..  

Hey Spotify!
I don't have any Mix of the Week/Daily Mix! Why?

Hi Dreadlord, new here.. Are you afiliated with Spotify?

I'm trying to understand why Spotify would vary the listening material based on the platform. This makes absolutely no sense. 

Apologies, Dreadlord!

I see its sorted with the update 

"

"As a software developer working at a small startup"

But Spotify AREN'T a small startup, they're a multibillion dollar company, and their millions of paying subscribers should have access to all features on all platforms where they use this service. You're making it sound like Spotify only employs one developer and they can't afford to have people simultaneously making updates to versions of the app on every platform.

People aren't paying for Spotify because it's the only streaming service available and we should be happy with whatever they give us. We pay for it because we like it more than all of the other streaming services, and decisions like this one aren't going to make their customers very happy."

This comment is hilarious to me. You talk like you actually know. I work for one of the biggest and most popular start up apps in the country. Our app connects millions of people together and has millions of subscribers and we still have issues with development. Just because an app has money doesn't mean that you can blink your eyes and boom, all the features you want happen. There is planning and time that goes into every update and change. Take a second to think before you speak. The biggest way to see change is to do it yourself. If you're so adamant about having the features you like, don't complain about them but maybe join the company and make a real difference. 

I figured it out!  I have premium which may be one of the reasons "Your Daily Mix" doesn't appear on the web player.  HOWEVER, today I downloaded the desktop app, and lo and behold, there they are (along with more stuff)!  The web player is gone from my PC.

Well that's short-sighted. They features should be available across all platforms based upon user. I purchased a premium membership and plan to use it mainly from the web and Windows app.

Oh my god can they just do this already, jesus.

i activated my premium at 6/9, but still cant find my daily mix till now, may i ask why and when can i get it on both my iphone and my mac app? thx for help!

WORKAROUND: Start playing the Spotify app on your desktop, then open the app on your Android or OS device. Keep playing on the desktop, but choose your daily mix from your device playlist, and it will play on your desktop. 😊

It would be useful to have on desktop too - I want to make a fixed playlist out of some of my daily mixes, but it's fiddly on mobile.

I have the free version on my PC and I have Daily Mix 1, but on my Android device I have 1, 2 and 3, so I have daily mix on pc but only 1.

after checking recently, i found that you can find your daily mixes under "your library" and then right below that, should be "your daily mix" i found this on the pc app

Suggested posts