Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I search for a song in my playlists ?

How do I search for a song in my playlists ?

My Question or Issue

How do I search / find a song / singer across ALL my albums and/or playlists ?

I can see a filter function when I'm on a particular playlist - that's only for filtering within that paritcular playlist.

The search function performs a global search of Spotify - not what I'm trying to do in this case.

I've seen idea / discussion threads that refer to Advanced Search but they don't explain how to do it.

I'm trying to do this in both the Windows Desktop  application and Android app.

Thanks.

3 Replies

Hey @ferrynz, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

This user had the same question and maybe this thread will be able to give you the answer.

Hope it helps! 🙂

Unfortunately that thread confirmed that there is currently no way of doing this in spotify. I've seen similar threads and ideas (marked as closed) for this, all came to the same conclusion.

I don't understand why such basic feature isn't in spotify and why spotify refuses to implement it, it shouldn't be too hard as they already have a global search (which IMHO must be harder to do).

Thank you for your response though, @Loxer.

Hey @ferrynz.

Thanks for highlighting this to us - your feedback is much appreciated 🙂

To summarise, currently, you can search within your saved Songs/Albums/Artists/Playlist, but it is not currently possible to search your entire Library - the closest thing to this is searching in your Songs, but these have to have been saved, and it doesn't include music from playlists which you have added where the songs aren't saved. I hope that makes sense 🙂

As @Loxer mentioned in the related post, you can submit this as an Idea which can be voted on by other users and then hopefully Spotify will take notice if it gets enough votes. Similar ideas were suggested here and here a while ago, but they are not currently active.

Hope that helps! 

Suggested posts