Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to disable auto play when you search for a song?

Solved!

How to disable auto play when you search for a song?

Since the version (1.1.57.443.ga029a6c4-a) when you search for a song and no song is being played (even when you just have paused the current song), spotify automatic play the song you found on the search... 

The big problem is that this operation override your current playlist...

The problem continues on 1.1.63.568.gda8cb5ac-a

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @fredkidgmail,

Thanks for your reply and confirmation.

We can confirm that it's expected that when searching for a song link in the search bar, that song will automatically start playing if there's nothing playing at that moment.

In this case, we suggest searching for the song with the link while something is being played so it doesn't override your current playlist, or directly by its name.

If you think other users might find a way to disable this function useful, we suggest adding your idea to our Ideas board. Others can then vote for it or add to the conversation to show their support. You can find the steps to submit a new idea in this article. You can also read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

Hope this clears things up. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi there @fredkidgmail,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you remove all lines from your hosts file by following the steps bellow:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\host ha no referente to Spotify.

Today I downloaded and installed the newest version (https://www.spotify.com/us/download/windows/ - 1.1.64.561.g71bd09eb-a)

And this behavior still happens:

If I search for a song link
like [https://open.spotify.com/track/3Xep6dyqhOtxEIYHBbYycs?si=0424949dad6b4436]
and no song is playing at the moment (even if the current song is just paused), spotify starts playing the searched song (as if i had clicked on it - which overrides the current playlist too) 

Hi @fredkidgmail,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

Please send us a video recording showing what happens with your app. Just attach the video to your next response to us by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. This way we can take a closer look at the issue.

Also, let us know if this happens when you search for the song directly on the app's search bar, or if it only happens when you click on the song's link.

Keep us posted!

JulianModerator

This behavior happens when I search for a song link in the search bar.

I will attach a video later.

Marked as solution

Hey @fredkidgmail,

Thanks for your reply and confirmation.

We can confirm that it's expected that when searching for a song link in the search bar, that song will automatically start playing if there's nothing playing at that moment.

In this case, we suggest searching for the song with the link while something is being played so it doesn't override your current playlist, or directly by its name.

If you think other users might find a way to disable this function useful, we suggest adding your idea to our Ideas board. Others can then vote for it or add to the conversation to show their support. You can find the steps to submit a new idea in this article. You can also read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

Hope this clears things up. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts