Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to enable crossfading?

Solved!

How to enable crossfading?

Hi everybody,

how do I activate crossfading for Spotify? I don't have any option in my Spotify settings.

Thanks for your help.

Uli

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Edit-Preferences-scroll down a little.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

okay i was having the same problem despite the responses...it's because you have to click on "show advanced settings" and then the heading "playback" amongst others should appear

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Marked as solution

Edit-Preferences-scroll down a little.

Spoiler

Ohhh what a relief!!!! 

I'm so happy that I found this now as I though the party I'm planning for tomorrow is doomed as the music wouldn't play right. And everybody knows that if the music is not right, then the party is too!!! 

THANK YOU SPOTIFY!!!! For having this function which I thought you hadn't!!! I'm in ecstasy!!! Starting to make a playlist now!!!! 

how do you activate crossfade if your using spotify on a laptop i can only find it on the mobile app version.

thanks guys.

It's in preferences/settings under the Playback section on the desktop client.

have looked there and under playback prefs theres only volume up/down.. shuffle.. next..previous etc. no crossfade option at all.

Are you using the spotify client or the web player?

well im not that computer technical but ive downloaded spotify on my laptop and thats it and signed up for the subscription !!

It should definitely be there in the Edit/Spotify (at the top) > Preferences > Playback section of the desktop app.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

If you're on a Mac, click "Spotify" at the top, click Preferences (which is also command , ) and scroll down to Playback and Crossfade is under playback.

My crossfade function is not working whenever I play tracks from an album. The crossfade function works fine if I'm playing music from my playlists, but will not work when I play music from albums. It just plays and ends each song as if I have the settings to play gapless tracks. This happens whether I'm using Spotify on my Mac or on my android phone. I suspect it's a bug with the two latest versions of Spotify (I currently have 1.0.3.101.gbfa97dfe installed) that I just upgraded to just last week. The crossfade was working fine for playlists and albums before the upgrades. Please help!

Thank you sooooo much!!!

this has changed my life completely

please help. How do you enable crossfader????

On mine it's:

Edit > Preferences > ADVANCED SETTINGS > Playback > Crossfade

I had this problem as well.. and I finally found the problem..  The thing was.. I like to listen to my spotify on my ipad.. and edit playlists and search for songs on my PC, or laptop... (Yes this works) and it makes it easy because lets admit..a full keyboard is easy than a ipad.. Anyhow.. It seems when you do this.. it will not honour the crossfade request.. So .. my solution was to listen and control spotify from the same source.. 

Hope this helps

Is there anyway to crossfade when using an external output (i.e a wireless speaker)?

Hi Peter,

I am having similar issues, although I see the option to crossfade songs under "Playback" it's not allowing me to turn the option on. I have the desktop application downloaded on my mac and I even deleted and re-downloaded. Please help, thank you!! 🙂

It seems you have to turn it on and then you're able to set the amount of
overlap...
Marked as solution

okay i was having the same problem despite the responses...it's because you have to click on "show advanced settings" and then the heading "playback" amongst others should appear

Suggested posts