Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to fix Spotify when it keeps saying 'error-dialog.generic.body'?

How to fix Spotify when it keeps saying 'error-dialog.generic.body'?

Windows 10
Spotify app
Basically, after I download Spotify and log in, it will say 'error-dialog.generic.header', with 'error-dialog.generic.body' under it. There is also a green box saying 'fatal-error.generic-label' which I can click, but when I do click it, it just comes back to the same exact screen.
66 Replies

I had the exact same problem before. Occured after a reinstall. None of the suggested fixes posted here worked for me. I waited two weeks and cleanly reinstalled the Spotify app yesterday. It currently works again. Probably, the installer did not work for a while. I could use the same installer now, though. The difference seems to be something that it downloads.

My operating system is Windows 10. I hope that a reinstall will fix the problem for those of you that did not try that, yet. Good luck to you, Lazdona, and people in a similar situation that it will work soon!

For Mac - 

1. Using Finder, under the Go menu at the top of the screen, select the Go to Folder option (you can also press Shift-Apple Key-G to access).

Inside the “Go to the folder” field that pops up, type or paste ~/Library/Caches/com.spotify.client/ and then click “Go” or press Enter.

2. Delete everything inside the com.spotify.client folder. You can select all of the items by pressing Command + A.

3. Using the Go to Finder option from Step 1, go to ~/Library/Application Support/Spotify/.

4. Inside the Spotify folder, look for a file called prefs. Open this file in Notepad and add storage.size=1024 on a new line at the end of the file. Save this file. This should limit the size of Spotify’s cache to 1024MB or 1GB; you can change the “1024” value if you would like the cache to be smaller or larger.

5. Delete the PersistentCache folder inside the Spotify folder

redownload the app and everything would be fine 

If you have adblocker or vpn, turn off. I tried and it works. 

Please provide an answer for iMac

Now i use the web version instead, it has pretty much the same features and doesn't have these bugs

how do i fix on web browser? just started getting this error when i tried to log out of the current account to switch to another account. i do not have the windows app downloaded

BENDE SON BİRKAÇ AYDIR AYNI HATA AMA SPOTİFY WEB ÜZERİNDE OLUYOR BU! UYGULAMA KULLANMIYORUM

Suggested posts