Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to see all tracks from an artist

Solved!

How to see all tracks from an artist

I want to see a list of all tracks from an artist (i.e. see a list with all tracks, not just the "most popular songs" or their albums). I believe this is how spotify used to work. Has this changed? Is there anyway to still see a list of all tracks by the same artist? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Maybe the "icon on albums" solution works for Windows users, but on Mac I found the best way to find and play all songs for an artist is to enter the artist into the search box, and then click on Songs -> All Songs, rather than clicking on Artist or Albums.

View solution in original post

SpotifySongSearch.jpg
14 Replies

Spotify acually has some really nice search features ...

https://searchenginewatch.com/sew/how-to/2103880/spotify-definitive-music-search-engine-guide

... which should help you get what you want.

click on the artist's name and scroll down, all their songs should be divided into albums there

This isn't really a solve. I don't want the albums I'd like to listen to the best songs no matter the album. You used to be able to click and see all songs. I've loved spotify but I'm questioning if it's worth it to not be able to go through and just play the songs I want to hear.

On the right side of the screen, just above the albums there are two icons. One for album view and one for list view.

This is only for the desktop app, not mobile. It still annoys me that you can't view all songs for an artist on mobile.

spot.PNG

I am also having this problem.  Is there a way to see the all of the songs on the Web Player, not the Desktop App?  

When will this be on Mobile?? All songs should be listed under Artist. Napster ( Rhapsody) has this feature available. Why not Spotify??

Best way I found to do this on the app is.. Click on "shuffle play" after artist search. Then bring up the song thats playing and hit the list icon in the top right. A list of songs from that artist will show.

This works! Thank you!

So, on mobile iPhone,if you search for someone, you then scroll down you will be able to see the tab that goes to “see all songs”

if you click on their name, however, it will take you to the screen with their top charts and all albums and there is NOT an option to see all songs on that page. 

Marked as solution

Maybe the "icon on albums" solution works for Windows users, but on Mac I found the best way to find and play all songs for an artist is to enter the artist into the search box, and then click on Songs -> All Songs, rather than clicking on Artist or Albums.

SpotifySongSearch.jpg

@Saltymonkey This doen's work that way on Android. There is only Search results available on search page and the only option to click on artist name.

In my experience this solution only show albums as lists of tracks, but not all artists tracks.

But I found  different solution. You can search for any artist in Windows Client and when you see "Top results" and after "Songs". It's better if artist name is unique, so there will be only needed artist songs. And there is "See all" button on the right side of "Songs" block. After clicking this button the list with all artists tracks appears and you can also sort this list by play count (popularity).

It's strange this only works on search page, but not on artists page as it is should be more intuitive.

I also added screenshots to my post. Hope it helps.

search_results.jpg
sorting_by_popularity.jpg

Spotify needs some work on teh interfaces.. Please see the image attached. No way to view all songs.. #LAME

Screenshot_20180329-145736_Spotify.jpg

I agree.  Not being able to see all songs is lame and driving me nuts after having access to all songs on Napster. 

Suggested posts