Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to sort my playlists alphabetically on desktop?

How to sort my playlists alphabetically on desktop?

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

How to sort my playlists alphabetically on desktop? In the mobile app they are alphabetically sorted automatically, so they should be able to sort the same way on the desktop version, right? but how?

60 Replies

Hey folks!

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback on this to us here on the Community.

We'll be passing on your thoughts to the right team here and in the meantime we'd recommend keeping an eye on this idea to read more about this and for update!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So according to the link, this idea has been floating around for 5 years
and has last been updated in 2017. Not very encouraging!--
Sent from My IPhone. Please excuse any typos as well as the brevity of this
hi NeilMacGregor,
with your alphabetically ordered mobile Spotify playlists you can control most brands of DAC/AMPs through Spotify connect. E.g. Bluesound`s bluos (NAD etc.)is controllable with Spotify`s mobile app and many other high end DAC/AMPs can also be controlled from the mobile Spotify app. 
Which brand is your $3`500.- DAC/AMP? Which streamer are you using to feed your DAC/AMP? Maybe it`s controllable by your mobile Spotify app through Spotify connect. 

Hahahahaha this ‘Solution’ of doing it yourself is not what the question ment. We users want the COMPUTER to sort the playlist, not us USERS doing it manually.

Just like when we sit behind a laptop with spotify and play a song we are not actually picking up a guitar and play a song by ourselves.

Just make it work on the webplayer/macos please like it does on ios for example. Also, equality issues aren’t a thing in the alphabet even though all letters are different, so sorting is ok, really.

Agreed!!!!!!!

Well said. I am a new user from apple music and find this is a gross oversight. How can they ignore this simple fix? Maddening. 

Hey Spotify! Any chance you can plz stop bs-ing yourself and us users by saying this is "Solved"?

completely unhelpful, but thanks for trying Ryssaarene!

I swear I was able to sort my playlists alphabetically before. My playlists are alphabetical except for the last 10 I added/made which are just dumped to the top of the list.

There's multiple threads asking this same question that are years old. It's insane that Spotify hasn't added/fixed this feature.

5 year old request!  I truly don't understand what the h*ll is going on with Spotify and its developers.  As a developer, I know sorting a list is an extremely simple piece of code.  They don't want to include just because they don't care about Windows Desktop users.   

Yes, they really shouldn't mark this as 'solved' given I would hardly call manually dragging and dropping the order of playlists we follow as tools to sort playlists.  Disappointing there is not ways to sort playlists alphabetically, by duration, perhaps by predominant genre. etc. 

And no, before the low IQ hijack this thread, I am NOT referring to sorting tracks WITHIN a playlist.

you can keep your rude remarks to yourself. i am one of your "low IQ" i got
confused by the question and i personally wanted to sort my songs in
playlists. you know it wont be solved any time soon so instead of
complaining about it, get to work hun.

Hi Elena! This is really helpful, thanks. That idea was closed as "might fix this someday" … in 2017. Keeping an eye on it makes it very clear that Spotify has no intention of changing this, which is helpful. My one question is what does "Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help" mean in this context? The thing we want is not happening and Spotify is not helping with that so … what else do you have in mind to help us?

thanks!

(I know you're doing your best here, but the tone you're being asked to speak in is incredibly condescending to folks who are clearly VERY dedicated spotify users)

hi Elena & drewbeck,
for which ever reason spotify won`t create the software solution to ordering playlists in Windows, our best way out is 1) not to get hung up by this problem and 2) switch to the Android or iPad/iPhone spotify controller to have our playlists ordered alphabetically. Just forget the Windows option!

How easy: "...forget about the windows option....".

I use the Windows Desktop App 90% of the time!  I create, modify, sort, analyze and listen to playlists all the time, always from my PC.  It's totally impractical to be constantly picking up the phone.

Same. Well, I'm on a Mac but … the desktop has such potential to be great and yet …

Also the real alternative here is to leave to a different service. Here's tidal. Jeeze, what do you think happens when you click that threedot menu? Yeah, you can sort 'em 😞

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 1.29.39 PM.png

me: *gets on the forum* “Hey so this car is great and all but actually doesn’t have a working transmission”

some dude with tons of time: “actually, I found a great solution, you just get out, walk back behind the car, and push it!”

spotify: *marks as solved* 

Well, now that Windows 10 can use Android apps directly, I will install
Spotify for Android and that's it. Spotify's record of listening to
customers it's never been good, so why keep expecting otherwise?

Human greed, mediocrity and late-stage capitalism have hit Spotify too, apparently.
The blame definitely lies with those at the top—mediocrity trickles down.

How pathetic is it that Spotify touts its own horn like an insecure child, but can't deliver on a basic bit of functionality like a reasonable adult?

Spotify just do it, already! IT'S SO SIMPLE!

Suggested posts