Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't believe I need to ask this - How to share playlist with another Spotify user

Solved!

I can't believe I need to ask this - How to share playlist with another Spotify user

I've searched, read, and fumbled around for an hour and now I'm desperate enough to post this probably stupid question. I want to do something really simple: Share a playlist with another user on spotify. We both follow each other. We both have Spotify premium. But neither of us can figure out how to share playlists to listen to each other's music. I'm using the Windows 10 desktop app. I don't need screenshots but detailed instructions would be really helpful. Thanks in advance!

More detail:

In a previous version I was able to click Share > Send to > [enter username]. It was clumsy, but it worked. Now after I click Share I see a bunch of social media links (i can share to telegram easily!), and I see something called a "URI" which means nothing to me.

What is the technical reason this feature is so hidden? Why can't they get their act together and just show my Spotify friends list when I want to share something? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It isnt hidden,its not there

Spotify removed it

Look harder on this forum and you will find the biggest thread here with thousands of pissed off users because spotify removed this

Now you have to use other social media **bleep** to be able to do this

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Inbox-and-messages/td-p/1589566

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

It isnt hidden,its not there

Spotify removed it

Look harder on this forum and you will find the biggest thread here with thousands of pissed off users because spotify removed this

Now you have to use other social media **bleep** to be able to do this

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Inbox-and-messages/td-p/1589566

Many thanks for the speedy reply. I see now it's a callous business decision to increase their collation and sales of user data by linking as many of my accounts as possible. I won't put up with it.

Suggested posts