Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't save a podcast to a playlist

I can't save a podcast to a playlist

When I right-click on the podcast I want to add to a playlist (or click on the three dots), it doesn't give me that option (only allows me to share on social media). How to solve this? I have premium, am in Germany, and am on a desktop (Windows 10)

4 Replies

Hey there @berlinmill

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

The behavior you've noticed is expected to appear on the Spotify desktop app under Windows 10 OS. 

At the moment it's only possible to add a podcast episode to your play queue using the desktop app. Currently the option to add the episode to a playlist is only available on mobile devices. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your quick reply. I don't understand why this is the case, though. It's very annoying. Not only can't I add the podcast to a playlist, I can't download it either. Is this something that is going to be corrected?

Thanks,

berlinmill

Hey @berlinmill

Thanks for getting back to us.

The feature allowing you to download a podcast is also available only on mobile devices. The Spotify app has been designed to be used on a PC, mobile device and web browser, and each of the app versions includes different functionalities. 

Keep in mind you can always share your suggestion with the Community. If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. New ideas and feedback are important to us in helping us improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

Hi,

Ok, I can do that, but I don't really see why I should have to go that
trouble - it seems obvious that all versions of Spotify should have the
same functionality regardless of what device it's being used on. I pay the
same amount as someone using it on a mobile device, so why shouldn't I
receive the same services?

Disgruntled,

berlinmill

Suggested posts