Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I follow 124 artists, but 20 of them do not show in the list of followed artists

Solved!

I follow 124 artists, but 20 of them do not show in the list of followed artists

This is an issue on both the Spotify Web Player and Windows program. I currently follow 124 artists, but the artist tab in the web and desktop player both show only 104 artists. When I check for the artists not listed, it shows I still follow them. I also suspect some artists I follow become unfollowed, but still suspect I might unintentionally be clicking Unfollow (anything is possible with my clumsiness)

An example or such a missing artist is Marek Hemmann

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @SpooXter ,

So I think the artist tab is supposed to show the artists whose music you have "Saved" to be into Your Music library. So whatever songs or albums you have marked to be in Your Music library, those artists will show up under that tab (it looks like you have the work of 104 different artists saved). To see all the friends and artists you are following, you can click your icon in the top right corner of the Spotify app, and select "Profile". Then select the "Following" link at the top right hand corner of your profile. The number should be greater than or equal to 124 (because this also includes your friends you follow).

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

This appears to be a bug in Your Music. It's actually designed to allow you to follow artists and have them show up in YM without saving anything (sort of a way to bookmark artists you like), but apparently the bug is limiting users to only displaying 100 followed artists that they haven't saved music from as well. If you'll save music from any other artists you follow/want to follow, they should show up fine. Also, please keep in mind there is currently a 10,000 song save limit in YM.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @SpooXter ,

So I think the artist tab is supposed to show the artists whose music you have "Saved" to be into Your Music library. So whatever songs or albums you have marked to be in Your Music library, those artists will show up under that tab (it looks like you have the work of 104 different artists saved). To see all the friends and artists you are following, you can click your icon in the top right corner of the Spotify app, and select "Profile". Then select the "Following" link at the top right hand corner of your profile. The number should be greater than or equal to 124 (because this also includes your friends you follow).

I have no songs or albums saved and follow no friends

Oh interesting. I'm probably wrong about the function of the Artist tab then hahaha
I think there was a thread that reported this issue earlier and I think Spotify is working on having the Artist page accurately reflect the artists you are following.
Marked as solution

This appears to be a bug in Your Music. It's actually designed to allow you to follow artists and have them show up in YM without saving anything (sort of a way to bookmark artists you like), but apparently the bug is limiting users to only displaying 100 followed artists that they haven't saved music from as well. If you'll save music from any other artists you follow/want to follow, they should show up fine. Also, please keep in mind there is currently a 10,000 song save limit in YM.

dinomightSpotify Star

oooh thanks for the clarification!

No problem!

dinomightSpotify Star

Sooo, is there any way to temporarily fix this? Is this already accepted as a bug? Seems it's not on the bugs list in the forum

No, it's been escalated to staff, but it's not on the bugs forum yet. The only temporary fix is to save at least one song from artists you follow that aren't showing up in Your Music.

dinomightSpotify Star

Hi Victor,

Thanks. I had a couple of artists show up in my Artist list as Follow even though they had no saved albums or tracks. With your method I was able to Unfollow and the Artist list is correct now.

cheers

Dushyant

Suggested posts