Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify Premium on I-phone app but Spotify Free on windows on desktop

Hi All, Can anyone help me with this problem:I have a Spotify Premium account. It works on my I-phone app but not on my windows computer: it only shows Spotify free (see screenshot in attachment)I already tried unistalling and installing again.Would ...

• Hi All,   Can anyone help me with this problem: I have a Spotify Premium account. It works on my I-phone app but not on my windows computer: it only shows Spotify free (see screenshot in...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes at launch after update

Hey, My Spotify desktop app just got updated, and ever since I tried to launch it, it crashes at startup. Does anyone else have this issue too with the latest update too? Cheers,Kwint

• Hey,   My Spotify desktop app just got updated, and ever since I tried to launch it, it crashes at startup.   Does anyone else have this issue too with the latest update too?   C...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New web player doesnt work !

The new version o f web player with black icon just doesnt work at all.Volume is automatically mute, no sound at all. Press play does nothing. Didnt change any settings. No problems with flash player etc.Previous verion with green icon worked perfect...

• Casual Listener
  • The new version o f web player with black icon just doesnt work at all. Volume is automatically mute, no sound at all. Press play does nothing.  Didnt change any settings.  No problems wi...
  • oldFakebooker
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Por qué no puedo empezar a reproducir un álbum por la canción que quiero sin tener que abrir la opci

Hola:Por Que No puedo empezar un Reproducir un álbum Por La canción que quiero, sin Tener que abrir la opción "cola"?

• Regular
  • Hola: Por Que No puedo empezar un Reproducir un álbum Por La canción que quiero, sin Tener que abrir la opción "cola"?
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

complete playlists greyed out

For some reason, complete playlists, 300+ in each are greyed out when I try to cast them through my chromecast device (found) on my phone, and when I play (cast) through my laptop using the spotify web player. On my phone app, when I choose that part...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason, complete playlists, 300+ in each are greyed out when I try to cast them through my chromecast device (found) on my phone, and when I play (cast) through my laptop using the spotify w...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs no longer avaliable in Spotify

Hi, i have a large collection of songs divided into playlists sorted in genres. The other day, i noticed something really alarming when i wanted to listen to one of my alltime favorite songs and it was now gone! Problem is, i can`t remember neither a...

• Roadie
  • Hi, i have a large collection of songs divided into playlists sorted in genres. The other day, i noticed something really alarming when i wanted to listen to one of my alltime favorite songs and it w...
  • mlor
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't play the selected song

Hi guys, For now 1 week, I cannot choose a song on a saved album, Spotify will just play another one, I have to scroll to the next and next and next to find the one I wanted. It's not happening on my playlists, just the saved albums. I just can't pla...

• Music Fan
  • Hi guys,     For now 1 week, I cannot choose a song on a saved album, Spotify will just play another one, I have to scroll to the next and next and next to find the one I wanted.  ...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Website Update Is Terrible.

For some reason the new spotify website seems to have a lot lag and the songs are very choppy and seem to stop and go randomly. I know it's not my internet. But apart from that the new layout is visually unpleasing to me. I hope they change it back.

• For some reason the new spotify website seems to have a lot lag and the songs are very choppy and seem to stop and go randomly. I know it's not my internet. But apart from that the new layout is visu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Visit "Browse Tab" of another country

Spotify has a section called Browse. When I go to this section I have some custom playlists directed to my country (like top artists, pop music here, etc). How can I view this section directed to another country that is not mine? For example know mor...

• Spotify has a section called Browse. When I go to this section I have some custom playlists directed to my country (like top artists, pop music here, etc). How can I view this section directed to ano...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows desktop player no longer shows connected devices. Spotify Connect icon greyed out.

The spotify connect icon on the bottom right of the Windows desktop Spotify player is greyed out, no longer showing connected and available devices. I typically stream to a Marantz Spotify enabled receiver and have verified that the Marantz can still...

• The spotify connect icon on the bottom right of the Windows desktop Spotify player is greyed out, no longer showing connected and available devices.  I typically stream to a Marantz Spotify enab...
  • cjenow
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks not playing on app for Windows 10 laptop

I have just downloaded the Spotify app for my laptop. I use the app on my Iphone every day and I am a premium user. However when I try to play playlists on the app for my laptop no songs play and it skips every song in a loop. When I come to play a s...

• I have just downloaded the Spotify app for my laptop. I use the app on my Iphone every day and I am a premium user. However when I try to play playlists on the app for my laptop no songs pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sharing what I listen to on Facebook

So recently I noticed when I share a song to my Facebook timeline, It is only showing up when I view my timeline on the mobile app. If I am viewing my profile from my laptop, the post is not there. To make matters more confusing, when I look at my ac...

• So recently I noticed when I share a song to my Facebook timeline, It is only showing up when I view my timeline on the mobile app. If I am viewing my profile from my laptop, the post is not the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cant download songs

Hello, recently I have bought a new HD and I have not been able to download my songs, am I doing something wrong? I do not find the download button, and yes, I have logged out and in, I only have 2 devices, and I am not anywhere near 3,333 songs.By t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, recently I have bought a new HD and I have not been able to download my songs, am I doing something wrong? I do not find the download button, and yes, I have logged out and in, I only have 2 d...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot open or uninstall / reinstall Spotify. Windows 10.

Laptop runs seamlessly otherwise. I do not understand how Spotify could get so "hung up". Purchased Premium account via Android, but CANNOT RUN SPOTIFY ON LAPTOP. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. ~Greg

• Laptop runs seamlessly otherwise.   I do not understand how Spotify could get so "hung up".    Purchased Premium account via Android, but CANNOT RUN SPOTIFY ON LAPTOP.     &n...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't remove a song in 'My Music' since 2014

Hi there, Tomorrow 3 years ago, I have added a song to my music. But tomorrow 3 years ago, I am also trying to remove it from My Music. This song just will not go away, I have tried everything. As you can see it is unchecked but it is still there. It...

• Visitor
  •   Hi there,   Tomorrow 3 years ago, I have added a song to my music. But tomorrow 3 years ago, I am also trying to remove it from My Music. This song just will not go away, I have tried ...
  • labelscollected
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not syncing multiple devices

Spotify on my phone and pc are operating independently while logged onto the same account, not allowing controls to work from one device to the other

• Spotify on my phone and pc are operating independently while logged onto the same account, not allowing controls to work from one device to the other
  • jjmcfly
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

All tracks unavailable

Good afternoon, I am trying to listen music in the pc but when I select any song it appears unavailable and asks me to uploaded from the pc if I have the file. In my phone I can use Spotify without problems. How can I solve this issue? Thank you very...

• Visitor
  • Good afternoon,   I am trying to listen music in the pc but when I select any song it appears unavailable and asks me to uploaded from the pc if I have the file. In my phone I can use Spotify ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to save a search queue

I searched for some music, clicked "play" on the first song from search results, selected "shuffle play"I listened for a while, I liked it. Now I want to play something else. But I have a queue I want to save and listen to it later. How can I do it?h...

• Casual Listener
  • I searched for some music, clicked "play" on the first song from search results, selected "shuffle play" I listened for a while, I liked it. Now I want to play something else. But I have a q...
  • KorsarNik
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists not shuffling

Shuffle function isn't working on my playlists, no matter when I turn it off and then on again, close spotify and reboot I get the same result. Happens as well on my iPhone 6. Any ideas or is it a bug?

• Casual Listener
  • Shuffle function isn't working on my playlists, no matter when I turn it off and then on again, close spotify and reboot I get the same result. Happens as well on my iPhone 6. Any ideas or is it a bu...
  • Nomis1
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes

can´t use my dektop spotfy app

On my desktop app it keeps saying "your last payment didn't work" when I just made a payment and it's still not letting my access Spotify. In my iphone keep playing sa aways. I thought maybe if I deleted the app and reinstalled it would work. Still n...

• Casual Listener
  • On my desktop app it keeps saying "your last payment didn't work" when I just made a payment and it's still not letting my access Spotify. In my iphone keep playing sa aways. I thought maybe if I del...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes