Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Windows app fails to display album art for some local files

I've seen this issue mentioned in a few threads, but I'd like to raise another flag for it since the problem has still not been fixed. I'm running Spotify 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8 on Windows 10 and I mostly use the Spotify catalog, but I have some local ...

• Regular
  • I've seen this issue mentioned in a few threads, but I'd like to raise another flag for it since the problem has still not been fixed.   I'm running Spotify 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8 on Window...
  • kaiyoma
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify deinstalliert sich von selbst

Hey liebe Spotify Nutzer, ich nutze nun seit ca. einem halben Jahr Spotify. Und dies ging auch bis vor kurzem Problemlos. Seit aber etwa einer Woche läuft es nach Start ein paar Minuten und schließt sich dann automatisch mit dieser Fehlermeldung: "Da...

• Hey liebe Spotify Nutzer,   ich nutze nun seit ca. einem halben Jahr Spotify. Und dies ging auch bis vor kurzem Problemlos. Seit aber etwa einer Woche läuft es nach Start ein paar Minuten...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Desktop] Daily Mix on Desktop has gone

Hi, I absolutely love the Daily Mix and have been using it loads. However, my Spotify just updated itself to Version 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8 and now there is no more Daily Mix under "Your Music".Has it moved? Has it been removed? Please help!

• Regular
  • Hi,   I absolutely love the Daily Mix and have been using it loads. However, my Spotify just updated itself to Version 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8 and now there is no more Daily Mix under "Your Music...
  • lcmccann
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists on PC not on phone

i recently made multiple playlists on my computer, but the next day they are not on my phone in my account. i can see some of them but even those do not have all the songs that i added.

• i recently made multiple playlists on my computer, but the next day they are not on my phone in my account. i can see some of them but even those do not have all the songs that i added.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Web Player Bugs/Layout

This is a genereal review and opinion on the new web player after its update. It is full of bugs if it has not already been noticed. Artist, Albums, Playlists, and Songs are 90% unviewable. I have my Spotify account full of music yet only about 10 ar...

• This is a genereal review and opinion on the new web player after its update.  It is full of bugs if it has not already been noticed. Artist, Albums, Playlists, and Songs are 90% unviewable. I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Incomplete Local Files List

Spotify shows that I have 24,808 songs in my Local Files list. However, when I completely scroll down the list, it just cuts off amidst the "S" part of the directory. No songs show up, alphabetically, past "So..." in the list.I know I have songs that...

• Regular
  • Spotify shows that I have 24,808 songs in my Local Files list. However, when I completely scroll down the list, it just cuts off amidst the "S" part of the directory. No songs show up, alphabetically...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows App Crashing/Automatically Uninstalling

Since the upgrade to my windows app yesterday, I can play about two songs, and then the app crashes and then uninstalls itself. I've never seen anything like it. I don't think it's got anything to do with an antivirus program, as I get no notifcation...

• Visitor
  • Since the upgrade to my windows app yesterday, I can play about two songs, and then the app crashes and then uninstalls itself. I've never seen anything like it. I don't think it's got anything ...
  • peterchateauneu
  • Regular
  • 28 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 28 replies
  • 2 likes

Sharing to facebook

Hi Why is it that I have to open the web player inorder to share my tune to facebook?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   Why is it that I have to open the web player inorder to share my tune to facebook?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Not playing. Skipping through songs. Says song not available and i ust import it.

I have opened up spotify this morning on my desktop, it is not playing any music when i click a playlist. When i click on a specific song it tells me that the song is not available and i can import it if its on my computer. have tried reinstalling sp...

• I have opened up spotify this morning on my desktop, it is not playing any music when i click a playlist. When i click on a specific song it tells me that the song is not available and i can import i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium on I-phone app but Spotify Free on windows on desktop

Hi All, Can anyone help me with this problem:I have a Spotify Premium account. It works on my I-phone app but not on my windows computer: it only shows Spotify free (see screenshot in attachment)I already tried unistalling and installing again.Would ...

• Hi All,   Can anyone help me with this problem: I have a Spotify Premium account. It works on my I-phone app but not on my windows computer: it only shows Spotify free (see screenshot in...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes at launch after update

Hey, My Spotify desktop app just got updated, and ever since I tried to launch it, it crashes at startup. Does anyone else have this issue too with the latest update too? Cheers,Kwint

• Hey,   My Spotify desktop app just got updated, and ever since I tried to launch it, it crashes at startup.   Does anyone else have this issue too with the latest update too?   C...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New web player doesnt work !

The new version o f web player with black icon just doesnt work at all.Volume is automatically mute, no sound at all. Press play does nothing. Didnt change any settings. No problems with flash player etc.Previous verion with green icon worked perfect...

• Casual Listener
  • The new version o f web player with black icon just doesnt work at all. Volume is automatically mute, no sound at all. Press play does nothing.  Didnt change any settings.  No problems wi...
  • oldFakebooker
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Por qué no puedo empezar a reproducir un álbum por la canción que quiero sin tener que abrir la opci

Hola:Por Que No puedo empezar un Reproducir un álbum Por La canción que quiero, sin Tener que abrir la opción "cola"?

• Regular
  • Hola: Por Que No puedo empezar un Reproducir un álbum Por La canción que quiero, sin Tener que abrir la opción "cola"?
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

complete playlists greyed out

For some reason, complete playlists, 300+ in each are greyed out when I try to cast them through my chromecast device (found) on my phone, and when I play (cast) through my laptop using the spotify web player. On my phone app, when I choose that part...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason, complete playlists, 300+ in each are greyed out when I try to cast them through my chromecast device (found) on my phone, and when I play (cast) through my laptop using the spotify w...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs no longer avaliable in Spotify

Hi, i have a large collection of songs divided into playlists sorted in genres. The other day, i noticed something really alarming when i wanted to listen to one of my alltime favorite songs and it was now gone! Problem is, i can`t remember neither a...

• Roadie
  • Hi, i have a large collection of songs divided into playlists sorted in genres. The other day, i noticed something really alarming when i wanted to listen to one of my alltime favorite songs and it w...
  • mlor
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't play the selected song

Hi guys, For now 1 week, I cannot choose a song on a saved album, Spotify will just play another one, I have to scroll to the next and next and next to find the one I wanted. It's not happening on my playlists, just the saved albums. I just can't pla...

• Music Fan
  • Hi guys,     For now 1 week, I cannot choose a song on a saved album, Spotify will just play another one, I have to scroll to the next and next and next to find the one I wanted.  ...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Website Update Is Terrible.

For some reason the new spotify website seems to have a lot lag and the songs are very choppy and seem to stop and go randomly. I know it's not my internet. But apart from that the new layout is visually unpleasing to me. I hope they change it back.

• For some reason the new spotify website seems to have a lot lag and the songs are very choppy and seem to stop and go randomly. I know it's not my internet. But apart from that the new layout is visu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Visit "Browse Tab" of another country

Spotify has a section called Browse. When I go to this section I have some custom playlists directed to my country (like top artists, pop music here, etc). How can I view this section directed to another country that is not mine? For example know mor...

• Spotify has a section called Browse. When I go to this section I have some custom playlists directed to my country (like top artists, pop music here, etc). How can I view this section directed to ano...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows desktop player no longer shows connected devices. Spotify Connect icon greyed out.

The spotify connect icon on the bottom right of the Windows desktop Spotify player is greyed out, no longer showing connected and available devices. I typically stream to a Marantz Spotify enabled receiver and have verified that the Marantz can still...

• The spotify connect icon on the bottom right of the Windows desktop Spotify player is greyed out, no longer showing connected and available devices.  I typically stream to a Marantz Spotify enab...
  • cjenow
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks not playing on app for Windows 10 laptop

I have just downloaded the Spotify app for my laptop. I use the app on my Iphone every day and I am a premium user. However when I try to play playlists on the app for my laptop no songs play and it skips every song in a loop. When I come to play a s...

• I have just downloaded the Spotify app for my laptop. I use the app on my Iphone every day and I am a premium user. However when I try to play playlists on the app for my laptop no songs pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes