Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I want to delete an unwanted daily mix.

Solved!

I want to delete an unwanted daily mix.

There are no options to dislike or delete the recurring daily mixes and 'made for you' playlists. I have searched old comments but cannot find a solution. I would be happy if I could just hide the suggestions altogether so they do not automatically display when I get the Home page. This is driving me mad!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @user-removed! Welcome to the Spotify Community. 

Unfortunately, it's not possible to completely hide your Daily Mix or other personalized playlists as they'll be always accessible from the Made for you Section in Search. If you don't like the content of one of your Daily Mixes, we suggest to listen to new/different artists/genres so the app can provide other suggestions you might like. 

On another note, keep in mind that the recommendations shown in the Home section of the app might change through the day so it's possible that some suggestions disappear for a while, but they might come back later. These suggestions are made by the app automatically and can't be customized at the moment. However, other users would also like to have the ability to customize this section of the app and there's an idea about it here. We suggest taking a look at the Status for more info and Vote for it to show your support. Even though this isn't currently in our roadmap, as soon as we have any updates about this request we'll make sure to share them with everyone over that thread. You can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

We understand this isn't the solution you were looking for, but we hope this has shed some light for you. If you need us again, the Community is here for you.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @user-removed! Welcome to the Spotify Community. 

Unfortunately, it's not possible to completely hide your Daily Mix or other personalized playlists as they'll be always accessible from the Made for you Section in Search. If you don't like the content of one of your Daily Mixes, we suggest to listen to new/different artists/genres so the app can provide other suggestions you might like. 

On another note, keep in mind that the recommendations shown in the Home section of the app might change through the day so it's possible that some suggestions disappear for a while, but they might come back later. These suggestions are made by the app automatically and can't be customized at the moment. However, other users would also like to have the ability to customize this section of the app and there's an idea about it here. We suggest taking a look at the Status for more info and Vote for it to show your support. Even though this isn't currently in our roadmap, as soon as we have any updates about this request we'll make sure to share them with everyone over that thread. You can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

We understand this isn't the solution you were looking for, but we hope this has shed some light for you. If you need us again, the Community is here for you.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Solved??  NOT SOLVED. There is no solution available.  You can't delete a **bleep** song with swearing in it for example.  I'm not interesting in deleting an artist.  Some Van Morrison stuff is great R&R at 2.5 minutes, but I don't ant to listen to a dreary 10 minute song by the same artist.  How hard is it to offer a delete song option from daily mixes to prevent them coming up again?? Why won't Spotify fix this glaring problem?

Agree.

Two years ago I listened a few times to an artist and after that never again.
Not only does this artist appear at least four times a week in my daily mix, also he appears to have this awful album cover with terrible open wounds on it. And Spotify takes exactly that album cover as image for that mix. I have not liked him, it is not in my history for a long time, I didn't listen to it for at least two years, but still there it is, four times a week. These open wounds when I open Spotify.

Unfortunatly that is not the only thing that I dislike about Spotify. Spotify is a wonderful streaming service that I like very much, but they suck in making apps. Please Spotify, stick to what you are good at, providing a great streaming service. And make it available for external clients, made by people who are great in building great apps.

In the desktop app you can go to the artists page and select "do not play this artist" or something like that. it blocks the artist in your feed if I am correct.

Again, I don't want to delete the artist, I want the ability to delete
songs in playlists

There is s a lot of negative feedback about Made for You.  Spotify should survey its paying customers and be transparent about the results of that survey. 

Suggested posts