Premium

Country

USA

Device

Iphone

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have a playlist with 49 songs in it called Generic ambiance in my DND folder.  It states a runtime (on all devices) of 132h 25m.  None of my 49 songs last even an hour, so this cannot be true.

I created a new playlist and copied all the songs over with the same runtime.  I did discover the issue is linked to a local song "Final Fantasy" by Guitar Bros.  Its an official download so its information should be accurate but obviously there is a weird bug as despite it being just under 7 min when I delete it from the playlist the runtime drops to a reasonable time.

1 Reply

Hey @BakaWisdom

I'd suggest checking if the issue happens with any other songs, and when putting this specific local file to other playlists.

I do suggest reinstalling your Spotify to clear out any possible client errors 🙂

For non-Windows Store client do this:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install Spotify.

For Windows Store client I recommend resetting the app (Tenforums guide) and then reinstalling it following the steps in this article.

If the issue persists and the song is downloadable for free, could you give me a link to it (and in case they offer more than one file format, let me know the format your file is in)?

Let me know what happens!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts