Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Desktop, Galaxy S10

Operating System

Windows 10, Android Pie

My Question or Issue

As title says, I'm experiecing issues while playing only certain artists (While with some others are viable) on desktop, both app or web player on browser (Windows 10 + Firefox). In the other hand I don't occur any problem while listening on my smartphone.

Most of the times the songs stop after first seconds (One around 08 seconds, another one after 20 secs and so) and i get the "Can't play the current song" error. The weird thing is that after 4-5 minutes the song starts to play back and music keep playing for another 4-5 minutes before to stop again.

I lurked around and I've already tried to disable hardware acceleration, set quality to normal, delete the cache, perform a clean install, install the Microsoft Store version, downgrade to the previously update (From 1.1.17.543 to 1.1.16.522), flush dns, restore a clean hosts file, restart the modem, restart the PC, disconnect from all devices, disconnect from logged in apps and actually nothing of this worked.

This is becoming insane.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

At this point, after some days of looking further, I can say It's very problably a network/ISP problem and nothing related to Spotify itself, even if It looks like the only application suffering about this.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there @Nekrux,

thanks for posting !

I see you have taken a lot of the needed steps towards solving the issue.

There are a few more steps i want you to take as this sounds like a device issue with something preventing Spotify from working correctly.

Please make sure that:

- Spotify isn't blocked on your device firewall

- Spotify isn't blocked on your anti-virus software

- Win is fully updated

- Audio drivers are fully updated

- Check your device on a different network for further indication

Waiting to see how it goes 🙂

Well, after some hours without any problem, they turned out again. And i suppose it's related to new songs not cached already.

So yeah, i'm here after i've tried your steps. I'm using smartphone tethering right now and music seems to play well (I didn't try for long to be sure 100%). Maybe it's a network problem, but that sounds weird to me, i'm using this same config (Desktop/ISP/etc) since years. I must admit that italian ISP aren't that good but it's a 20 MB ADSL and i'm not experiencing any problem with other stuffs like gaming online, streaming, etc.

Marked as solution

At this point, after some days of looking further, I can say It's very problably a network/ISP problem and nothing related to Spotify itself, even if It looks like the only application suffering about this.

Hi @Nekrux,

Glad to see you found the problem causing it.

I'm sure that the right adjustments will have Spotify working perfectly on your device.

Don't hesitate to reply back to the post if you have any further questions.

Have a great day 🙂

Suggested posts