Free

Country

Singapore

Device

The older Asus A45V

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

It's constantly saying I'm in "Offline Mode" and that I need to be online to access everything. (Error code:4). It says at the top "No internet connection detected" even though I have a perfectly good ethernet cable running into my laptop. I just downloaded the app a couple minutes ago and I have searched through the questions similar to mine but none of the solutions work.

Screenshot (112).png
38 Replies

Hi @zeynepaydin

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to confirm, are you having the same issue on a different device?

Also, do you notice the same behavior when you're using the web player? 

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Spotify Web Player works completely fine. I am experiencing this issue on my MacBook Air which has macOS Big Sur version 11.2.3.

Hi again @zeynepaydin

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you let us know if the app is working as expected or if it also says it's offline when you log in to your account using a phone or a different computer?

We'll be on the lookout. 

NovyModerator

I've the same problem, playlists think I'm offline but I can play songs somehow. It looks like this.Ekran görüntüsü 2021-04-10 215113.jpg

Hey there @kaganakbdk

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Would you mind letting us know if you've already tried any of the troubleshooting steps in this thread? This will help us give you better suggestions. 

Also, could you send over the OS version on your device?

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator

It's the same for my iPhone. In the Spotify app of my iPhone, Spotify constantly says 'Connecting...' and cannot connect to the network whenever I am connected to WiFi but it perfectly works with the cellular network. Still, on my iPhone, I can somehow play the songs in my playlists that are not downloaded.

IMG_1846.PNG

Hey @zeynepaydin

Thanks for your reply and for trying everything we've suggested. 

Could you confirm the exact Spotify version you're currently running on both devices? 

We'll be right here.

NovyModerator

I currently use Version 8.6.16.1012 on my iPhone and Version 1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de on my MacBook Air.

I've tried all of the troubleshooting guides this topic provided. My pc version of the app is 1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de-a and my OS version is Windows Pro 20H2. Android app suffers from the same problem as well and its version is 8.6.16.1041.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for getting back to us with this info. 

We've reported this to the team in charge, and they're currently looking into it.  

In this case, we’d recommend adding your +VOTE to this Ongoing Issue. You can also subscribe to it by clicking the three-dot menu next to the title and we’ll keep you updated with any relevant updates there.

We'll be here if anything else comes up.

Cheers!

NovyModerator

Pure nonsense Spotify do something  tangible  alexa doesn't play ...anyone out there can solve this before I stop my subscription  ....I have asked and never got a reply from spotify ..pathetic

Same problem. Fixed it by switching to private session and back, which refreshes the connection correctly

Umm so it's 2022 and I am having the same issue. At this point it can only be a software bug that devs gave up on fixing. So apparently the only solution is re-installing Spotify and pray that it will work

Menu settings.

Search for "Offline storage location", usaly at: %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_ ...

Close spotify app.

Task Manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC).

Kill all spotify processes.

Delete folder "Offline storage location".

Launch spotify app.

Sign in.

It works for me!

even tried killing the spotify listener process on my arch install, then relaunching spotify and still stuck in OFFLINE mode after network disconnection. i guess i'll look for an alternative spotify client 🤷‍♂️

Hey @the-real-ipatch,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Maybe you can share your findings on our Linux board, if you're using an arch install. Spotify doesn't officially support Linux, so we won't be able to assist you directly in the troubleshooting.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I get this virtually every day, if I close an reopen it works.

I'm having the same issue. Spotify on Win11 (ver. 1.2.24.756.g7a7fc7f0) says it's offline. I can play my playlists by clicking on the green play button on top of the list, but not choose songs from the list or search for music for instance. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps, with no luck.

I'm on a wired network connection. If I disconnect the cable and switch to wifi it will work again, even if I then reconnect the cable and disable wifi. 

It's really annoying that I have to keep doing this.

Same problem here, and your solution fixes the problem mvalle. But I don't want to use wifi on this computer, and when I switch it off, I get the 'you're offline' message again. Frustrating. 

Suggested posts