Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lastest update reverted to only 50 songs in a queue and can't easily be resorted

Lastest update reverted to only 50 songs in a queue and can't easily be resorted

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

After an update a week or so ago, I can now only have 50 songs display in my queue (an issue that was fixed years ago), and I can't easily drag the songs to reorder them. When I have a selection of songs and I drag them to the top, it does not scroll up to the towards the top of the queue. I have to drop them at the highest point I see on screen and do it again. This is a really terrible and frustrating update and I can't be the only one.

6 Replies

I have this problem too but on a different OS. It seems that the actual queue is longer than 50 songs, but that's not immediately visible.  As one song finishes, everything moves up, and the 51st song is shown.

Of course this makes reordering of those later songs impossible.

I'm running Spotify version 1.1.55.498.gf9a83c60 on Linux Mint

Screenshot from 2021-04-10 12-29-53.png

Came here to report the same two bugs (on Windows 10). On Android (synchronized with Spotify Connect), I still see all songs in the queue. I mainly listen to my queue, which always contains lots of songs, and this makes things much more difficult right now 😞

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app following these steps. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in to their personal account using your device to see if they can replicate it? 

Let us know how it goes.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have done this twice, making sure to delete all instances. I have hidden files showed and deleted anything spotify, restarted and reinstalled. Same issue. Again this only happened after the update on 4/1/2021 (pretty sure that was the day). Version installed is: 1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de

You're not the only one, this has broken how I use Spotify. I put an "idea" up at https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Desktop-Do-not-limit-queue-visibility-to-50-for-ma... as I thought that's how bugs were reported, I'd love to know how liking "idea submissions" is supposed to work as I searched for ages to find one without success, and now I can't find my own submission unless I pretty much type every word in the title into search.
This was working fine until the new update when it wasn't. This isn't an issue with caching, it's an issue with the interface.

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We appreciate you taking the time to share your information and feedback with us. We passed it on to the right team.

We'll keep you posted on any developments, as soon as there are any.

We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts