Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Album Cover Not Showing

Local Album Cover Not Showing

My Question or Issue

Hey I use local files for Spotify all the time without issue, but for some reason I can't get one album's art (Acid Rap - Chance the Rapper) to show up on Spotify. I've tried (on MP3Tag) different sizes ranging from 250x250-1600x1600, messing with tags, cover types, and even downloading the album from different sources but it wont show up! One time when I resynced everything the album art showed up on mobile, but after a few minutes it went back to nothing. I have no idea what to do, I'll attach a screenshot of the MP3Tag with properties of a song off the album in case that's of any help.

Thank you

temp.pngvbzZC5d

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

PC, Huawei P10+

Operating System

Windows 10, Android

3 Replies

Hi, I'm having the same issue right now, did you fix it? If you did, can you please tell me how you did it? 🙂

I haven't fixed and neither has Spotify.

I just managed the fix it thanks to another thread 😄 Apparently if you have an apostrophe in the name of the file it causes an error/bug with the album cover. I had an apostrophe in the file name (not the song's name itself on mp3tag, the actual file name) and my issue was solved immediately after I deleted the apostrophe and resynced my local songs on Spotify 🙂 I hope this works for you too! 

If there isn't an apostrophe maybe another thing in the file name is causing it, try naming the file very short and simple ^^ 

Suggested posts