Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files Showing Gray On PC

Local Files Showing Gray On PC

Today when I got home I noticed 2 songs were grayed out from local files. Both of them being from albums, not singles. All the other songs in the album weren't grayed out. They are also both from diffrent albums. So they appeared grayed out but when I double click them the song plays. But when they come through in shuffle they are skipped. Also they still work on mobile as seen in the pictures. Anyone have an idea why this is happening. Also I'm not going to reinstall spotify again. Seriously I just reinstalled it just last night. I have to do it  weekly at this point and I have like 4k songs and my internet isn't the greatest. Thanks for reading hope I can get this solved!

2.png
3.png
4.png
1 Reply

Hey! Sorry to hear you're having issues! Have you taken a look at this guide yet and tried some of the other troubleshooting options listed? That might be a good place to start!

These are the types of file types currently supported by Spotify:

• .mp3
    • .m4p (unless it contains video)
    • .mp4 (if QuickTime is installed on your computer)

Let me know how it goes! If this doesn't work for you, I'll see what else I can come up with 🙂

Thanks for reading! If this worked for you, please mark this as the solution, this way others will be able to find the answers to their problems in the future! 🙂

Suggested posts