Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files - Spotify Desktop Won't Recognize Metadata

Solved!

Local Files - Spotify Desktop Won't Recognize Metadata

Premium

Windows 10

I've got some mp3 files that Spotify won't recognize the titles of. I've fixed them in Mp3tag, but Spotify still won't recognize them. Check out the attached pic from Mp3tag... 

... and check out the attached pic from Spotify Desktop. It just displays the file name, but not the artist, track name, etc. What am I doing wrong? 

MP3Tag View.png
Spotify View.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @blehmann, welcome to the Community!

Does this issue persist if you restart the app after adding the local files? You can also try logging out and back in a few times to see if it helps.

If not, try a clean reinstall to see if that does the trick.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @blehmann, welcome to the Community!

Does this issue persist if you restart the app after adding the local files? You can also try logging out and back in a few times to see if it helps.

If not, try a clean reinstall to see if that does the trick.

Hope that helps.

Uninstalling and reinstalling did in fact fix it - thanks! 

Hey @blehmann.

We're glad to hear the reinstallation helped.

If your Spotify starts misbehaving again, feel free to open a new thread.

Cheers.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Well I'm glad it worked for someone, because all it did for me was wipe out the entire local files registry and now it won't let me relink it to the folder 🤡

Hey @Raesand,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

The process to play local files has been changed since a couple of updates ago. Now, your device is able to discover the local files stored on your device. This process changes between devices, so to be sure that you're following the correct process, we'd recommend checking this article.

In case you still have the issue, make sure your app is up to date. If not, follow the steps in this article.

Hope it helps. In case you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts