Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files

Local Files

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue: Hello, im having problems to import local files for my playlists because some days ago the local files options simply disappeared from my Spotify, can't find it in settings tab as i could a week or two ago.

1.png
2.png
5 Replies

Same problem here!

In my desktop it still working, but I can't download local files to my cell phone anymore. Spotify suport said that they were removing this option. I really hope they reconsider this. 

And you also cant sort your playlist with recently added nor see your friends

Hey all @theopiron32 @Miguelrestrepoa @IsabelleAngelo @Ainoa ,

If your application looks like the same as @theopiron32 's screenshot it looks like you are currently part of a test that Spotify is currently running with it's desktop experience. Spotify is always running tests and looking to improve the user experience in as many ways as possible, you can learn more about testing at Spotify here

Right now, it's not possible to opt-out of these tests however if your not happy with the new experience I'd recommend adding a +VOTE here to show your interest to Spotify to returning back to what you had previously.

Best Wishes,

today an "update" option appeared, i click it and now its back to normal, can use local files again

Suggested posts