NEXT STEP

Local files work until app is closed

Local files work until app is closed

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Operating System

Windows 10 (Non-Microsoft Store version)

My Question or Issue

When I open the app local files in a playlist are all greyed out. I have the correct location set under settings for local files. I go to the local files tab on the left side of the app and the files are not there. I then go to file explorer to move the files out of the folder onto my desktop for example, then I move them back into the folder. Spotify recognizes this change and now I can play those local files. Can I fix it so that I don't have to do this every time I want to play local files/restart the app? Thanks for any help

2 Replies

I have been having this exact same issue. I've tried a number of solutions to fix it and have so far had no breakthrough. Seems like a bug with the app.

Hey @tristanyc and @Gulsvart,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Could you give the steps here a go and run a clean reinstall of the app on all devices you're experiencing this issue on?  That way if there are corrupted files that might be the reason for such behavior, they'll get removed. Keep in mind that the Microsoft Store version of the app is best optimized for Windows 10 and we recommend that you install the app from there.

if that doesn't fix things, we suggest removing all playlists with imported files and starting the whole process from scratch using the instructions in this guide. 

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts