Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Logging in

Solved!

Logging in

At first, the desktop app kept saying it was offline, when my internet connection is fine, and so i gave it a couple days, but it still said i was offline. i decided to reinstall it but now everytime i try to login, the screen freezes. i can still physically move my curser and click on things like the “reset password” button (which I’ve tried doing), but it doesnt let me change anything I’ve typed unless i restart the application.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @quinn11

That's weird!

I suggest restarting the router, maybe something happened with the network traffic.

Also, go to your Firewall and make sure Spotify is allowed. Allowed rules should have green ticked logo, and for me there are 4 Spotify rules under Inbound rules.
If the rule is not active, right-click on it and select 'Enable Rule'.
If a Spotify rule is blocked instead, right-click on it, select Properties and in the opened window, under Action section, select 'allow the connection'.

You can also try uninstalling the app and reinstalling through the offline installer:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install Spotify.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I just began to have this exact same issue after using the desktop app for months without a problem. No issue logging in to the mobile app, the browser version, etc. 

Maybe a recent windows update messed something up?

Capture.PNG
Marked as solution

Hey @quinn11

That's weird!

I suggest restarting the router, maybe something happened with the network traffic.

Also, go to your Firewall and make sure Spotify is allowed. Allowed rules should have green ticked logo, and for me there are 4 Spotify rules under Inbound rules.
If the rule is not active, right-click on it and select 'Enable Rule'.
If a Spotify rule is blocked instead, right-click on it, select Properties and in the opened window, under Action section, select 'allow the connection'.

You can also try uninstalling the app and reinstalling through the offline installer:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install Spotify.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Downloading it through the Offline Installer seemed to work! Thank you very much! 

Suggested posts