Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login Problems - error code #3

Solved!

Login Problems - error code #3

So i started my spotify account many moons ago, simply with my facebook login. Since then ive always just logged in by using the email and password associated with my FB account, no problems what so ever.

Then last friday my spotify suddenly (in the middle of a fantastic tune no less, the horror.....) just stopped and logged me out, saying that my username / password were incorrect, with "error code #3" in a glowing red. It then refused to log me back in with the details id been using for years without issue.

I got a friend of mine to login with his details - an account not linked to his FB - and it logged him in, no problems.

Ive since found a work around - went on to my account profile and simply reset my password, works fine again, no big deal, however im more than a little curious - is this something thats going to happen again?
Do i have to separate my FB and spotify accounts?
Is that even possible to do while retaining all my playlists?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Atticus_Maytrap

Since resetting the password is actually one of the solutions for this issue, I don't think this issue will happen again. 🙂

I also have created my account with Facebook, for security measures I use a pretty wild password with 2-factor auth. Haven't had this issue for so long, so no, I don't think you'll need to separate FB and Spotify accounts.

It gets tricky anyway with an account made with Facebook, because in this case it's not possible to separate them. You'll have to create a new Spotify account.
Playlists can be copied over pretty easily (create new playlist, go to old one, ctrl + A everything, copy and paste into new playlist).

Hope this helps 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Atticus_Maytrap

Since resetting the password is actually one of the solutions for this issue, I don't think this issue will happen again. 🙂

I also have created my account with Facebook, for security measures I use a pretty wild password with 2-factor auth. Haven't had this issue for so long, so no, I don't think you'll need to separate FB and Spotify accounts.

It gets tricky anyway with an account made with Facebook, because in this case it's not possible to separate them. You'll have to create a new Spotify account.
Playlists can be copied over pretty easily (create new playlist, go to old one, ctrl + A everything, copy and paste into new playlist).

Hope this helps 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

yeh i think it will be okay, after the password change its not happened since - and even then, its only occured on windows desktops. After it happened on my friends laptop at his place i checked it against both my home and work computers and the same thing happened, however i had no such problems with my phone, smart TV or tablet.
Everyone at the party last friday leapt to the conclusion that the login problem was to do with facebook and its recent....shall we call them......."issues", but that seemed very far-fetched - especially since a quick google showed the problem went back a few years with other users. Hilarious watching the conspiracy cogs turning though

Suggested posts