Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Lyrics feature unavailable

Solved!

Lyrics feature unavailable

Hey Community!

Just a heads up that our Lyrics feature on desktop is currently unavailable as we're making some big improvements to the feature. We'll share more updates soon. 

We can also confirm our partnership with Musixmatch is ending. It was a great partnership and there is mutual respect between both companies as our business strategies move us each in different directions.

iOS users can get lyrics and annotations on some tracks via our partnership with Genius. Check out the info here

Please share any feedback you have here in the Community. Feel free to vote for this idea too. 

1,005 Replies

Maybe when they are a 'Stock' company the stockholders will find a CEO with a bigger horizon

This is ridiculous...

You should all try Apple Music...

I compared both services for some time and apple music is seriously improving by every second!

They have everything that Spotify has + Lyrics, HD Music Videos, You can upload to the cloud all your music library for free and it will sync across devices.

The only downside is iTunes program it's terrible, and no apps for smart TVs, cars etc, only iTunes for PC.Mac and android/ios apps...

At least Apple has an Android app at all. Guess their proprietary tendencies apply mainly to hardware.

Sorry for offtopic. This thread needs more bumps anyway.

the lyrics button has been non existant for quite a long time now..

when is it coming back? very disappointed i can't see the lyrics. they were a big reason i went with spotify.

please advise a restart date for the lyrics on spotify page please

How long before this is back... 😕

Can we please have a ETA on this?

Unfortunately, i had to come back to spotify as i wont touch apple with a 10 foot barge pool and other apps didnt work well with my other requirements.

So that being said, Guys, the only way we are going to move this forward is by now collectively making a formal compliant to Spotify to address the 3 key issues:

1. The removal of Lyrics in the first place.

2. The lack of communication and blatant level of ignoring requests of an update

3. The fact it has not come back as this was stated as a "temp" removal.

I am happy to go at Spotify again to try and make them moveforward and talk to us, but pointless if all of you, including those posted much earlier, dont also raise a complaint. 

If you guys are in, so am i.

Many Thanks

Paul

It's pointless...

Until they won't lose most of their customers to competing services they won't do anything...

It will take months if not years for them to implement it back...

Hi Paul,

If you want to try to do this commutation with Spotify and their non existent customer care team, please feel free to add my name to the list of unsatisfied customers. 

I canceled my subscription a couple of months ago tired of their ignorance. 

Best regards

Magnus Kjellson 

So i went to SpotifyCares on Facebook which is their social media support. At first, as usual, i got a nonsense response as i was told the lyrics feature was available on the mobile version. Clearly they didnt read this is a desktop app thread and also Genius is behind the lyrics which isnt lyrics.

I have asked them to stop being disrespectful to paying customers and to provide a proper update and one on here.

Lets see what they come back with

I have also sent this to the orginal poster Rorey:

Hi Rorey,

Since you posted over 2 years ago you have failed to provide any update for 2 years regardless of the constant request for one.

Please could i ask that you stop being disrespectful to paying customers and at least acknowledge their concerns (including mine) about the issue and provide a proper response. Afterall, you original post does state that you would provide more updates!

Many Thanks

Paul

@ICEPOC wrote:

So i went to SpotifyCares on Facebook which is their social media support. At first, as usual, i got a nonsense response as i was told the lyrics feature was available on the mobile version. Clearly they didnt read this is a desktop app thread and also Genius is behind the lyrics which isnt lyrics.

I have asked them to stop being disrespectful to paying customers and to provide a proper update and one on here.

Lets see what they come back with

Genius is lyrics, there's just meanings attached etc. Which means they tend to care more about misheard lyrics and transcription standards and such.

But I agree that "lol just use ur smartphone bro" is a bit of a copout.

Agree. Please Spotify, don't be a slouch and do something about it. Just because spotify is cool it does not that we love the bugs that go with it. Oh, I forgot the magic word: pleeeeeeeeze?!

Ok Guys,

I will monitor this thread daily. Anyone who wants to support making Spotify move please just pop on a reply to say 'count me in'. I will take your username that shows on here as a list of people and start working on putting this together.

So you are clear on my intentions and methods, I am a blunt and relentless guy. I will tell them that their behaviour is unacceptable and will happily shame them all over the place and also try to involve media as well as social media to put the pressure on them. Please consider if you are in for a very direct approach to them failing to communicate back with real or proper information (as we all know this will be the first outcome). What I mean by that is that when they do this, I will be telling them it isn't good enough and that you also do not feel this is good enough.

I will do some research to find Spotify employees and senior people to get them involved or at least try to. In general, I will make such a nuisance of myself and publically highlight that Spotify does not care enough about its paying customers to even provide an answer for 2 years.

I will post any conversations with them back here once I start.

Many Thanks

Paul

I have now given them fair warning:

Hi

this is a fair warning.

See the previous thread i linked to you asking for a proper update

which you have still failed to do

the level of disrespect to your customers who have been asking for 2 YEARS is unbelievable

I have now taken it on and awaiting a list of users to reply to the thread for their permission to use their name as a list of people who are upset by your actions and happy for me to represent that case to you.#

This is not going to go away

I will do all research i need to find senior management, owners, stakeholders and anyone else i can find

they will ALL be made aware of this failing to even provide a response or clarification on the  matter

You are clearly showing Spotify does NOT care at all

and it is time that stops, and you provide an update of some sort to those asking you

I will further advise you, I fully intend to involve media, more specifically music-related media outlets and magazines for them to see for themselves this disrespectful behaviour from spotify

The ONLY way to avoid me taking these actions is for someone with some real clout in spotify to put up a post to apologise to all those you have ignored and provide a REAL update

this is now in your hands

Count me in..!

So, i got this from SpotifyCares on Facebook:

=============================================================

FRI 12:21

Hey, your case has been escalated to the highest point of support here at Spotify. We understand your frustration and we're sorry we don't have an update on this yet. We're always working to improve Spotify and we've let the developers know that you feel Lyrics is sorely missed. We're collating feedback on the feature for our developers and working backstage to review the feedback. We'll continue to consider this as we move forward with the app. We're afraid we don't have any other updates to offer on this right now. Rest assured, your thoughts on this have been communicated to the team. We'll be here if you need anything else in the future.
========================================================

I have replied to blast them for not updating this thread for you guys to see. I gave them 2 days to do it.

i will now move forward as it is clear Spotify dont wish to talk to anyone about it unless they scream like i am and even then it is a private message back rather than thinking about their community

email now sent to the first set of media.

Thanks for your effort. Crossing my fingers...

Spotify are one level above ****posters at this point. Still badly missing this feature.

Haha it's been 2 weeks since you gave them 2 days to update this thread...

Can't they be sued for removing this feature? I mean, some people maybe subscribed to the premium subscription because Spotify had lyrics feature, and then they removed it by promising something bigger is coming, but 2 years(?) passed and nothing! So, maybe paying customers can sue them for a false promise or something...

Suggested posts