Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Most local files don't show up but used to

Solved!

Most local files don't show up but used to

Most of my local files (that I've never previously had any issues with) have suddenly disappeared from the Local Files section and are greyed out in the playlist I added them to, so I can't listen to them through Spotify. Most of the missing files are in the same folder as some that are still showing up. When I tried putting the songs in a different folder for Spotify to look In, it was just the same few songs that showed up.

I use Spotify free on the Windows 10 desktop app

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community! No worries - we're here to help 🙂

Could you let us know if the missing files contain some special symbols in the names? If so, we have an ongoing issue about this here - It's currently being looked into and will hopefully be fixed very soon!

If you're experiencing something different, it'd be great if you could send over some screenshots so we can have a closer look.

Keep us posted! We’ll be happy to help further, just give us a shout.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

I have the same problem, except I have premium Spotify. It is very frustrating knowing where the songs are, but not knowing how Spotify is blind enough to miss specific ones. My list has 5 songs missing. The stupid part is that it doesn't matter which folder you put it in, the same songs that were fine before, now don't show up.

For some people having ideas. I have tried reinstalling Spotify, I have tried deleting local files .bnk and I have moved everything out of the folder, switched local files off and reloaded them per song. The same 5 songs just don't like Spotify.

I've done all the same except reinstall Spotify

Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community! No worries - we're here to help 🙂

Could you let us know if the missing files contain some special symbols in the names? If so, we have an ongoing issue about this here - It's currently being looked into and will hopefully be fixed very soon!

If you're experiencing something different, it'd be great if you could send over some screenshots so we can have a closer look.

Keep us posted! We’ll be happy to help further, just give us a shout.

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Turns out that was the problem! I could get them back by changing just the file name in the folder. Thanks!

Wow, that actually worked. I guess renaming them is forcing Spotify to actually relocate them in my local files. Thank you so much!

Jep, this worked like a charm. Thank you Xenia.

Hey folks,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

Glad to hear it worked out and everything is running smoothly again.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Wow. I spent 2 hours troubleshooting this with all sorts of attempts. Then I finally found this post. The missing song had an " ñ " in it. I changed it to an "n" and that worked! I hope the bug is fixed soon.

Suggested posts