Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Most of my songs from local files randomly stopped playing.

Solved!

Most of my songs from local files randomly stopped playing.

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

PC / iPhone

Operating System

Windows 8.1

My Question or Issue

Hi. I've been downloading music and adding it to my Spotify through local files for the longest time and I've never encountered and issue, until recently. Most of the files have completely stopped playing, giving me the "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it" error, while some of the songs are still working fine. They're all either mp4 or mp3. 

I have all of the files synced to my iPhone, where they're all still playable.

Help please

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @w_j

Thanks for reaching out - help’s here!

We suggest you first try deleting the local files cache. To do this, simply open Windows Explorer and go to %AppData% > Roaming > Spotify > Users > Your Spotify Account Name Folder. Then delete the one saying local-files

Make sure you close the Spotify app before doing this and when you launch the app again it should already be fixed. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @w_j

Thanks for reaching out - help’s here!

We suggest you first try deleting the local files cache. To do this, simply open Windows Explorer and go to %AppData% > Roaming > Spotify > Users > Your Spotify Account Name Folder. Then delete the one saying local-files

Make sure you close the Spotify app before doing this and when you launch the app again it should already be fixed. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Worked perfectly, thanks.

What about on ur phone? I have a samsung S21

Suggested posts