Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple selection on Desktop

Multiple selection on Desktop

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I just got my Facebook profil hacked and can't seem to be able to retreive it (and my email address too), my spotify account was linked to it so I had to recreate a new one.

I really liked my interface with my old spotify, basically what I do is :

I "like" some songs and when I got to 50, I created a new playlist with them.

Now with my new improve interface I can't even select multiples songs at once to move them.

I have tried everything, it's driving me crazy that you thought it would be a good idea to remove a feature so basic that even Windows 95 implemented it.

Also you removed the liked button from the interface for some reason, another wonderfull idea that forces you to right click on every song one at a time if you want to delete it.

I have been using spotify for almost 10 years, I really don't understand how you can even think that this was a good idea.

Please, Please, fix it.

6 Replies

Hey there @Lockman07

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

If you can't apply the multiple song selection using the Spotify desktop app you might be seeing a temporary interface that is currently being tested. We’re constantly testing and launching improvements and new features of all Spotify app versions. Same applies to the heart-symbol next to a track title allowing you to add songs to your Liked Songs playlist. 

Check out this help article for more info about our test features.

However, you can go ahead to this Live Idea for creating a switch between the new and old design of the desktop app and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

It's also worth knowing that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Hello Ivan,

Thank you for you answer however I does'nt solve anything.

You're telling me that I am being randomly selected to beta test a version where you exclude basics features making my experience with your product very very unpleasant.

Imagine you bank told you you could not transfer money online all of the sudden because you're part of a test campaign, or your internet provider dividing your speed/data by 2.

And then when you complain, they told you, "Hey where testing new interface! Feel free to vote to changed it back on this forum, we'll see if we do it lol"

How would you react? 

I know you're not the person to blame for this but you're the first person the public can talk to, so tell your superiors that this is not how you treat customers.

The least they could do is give us a choice whether to use it or not.

They just **bleep** out their auto responses on this community forum. So far it doesn't look like they're going to do anything about it. It's a part of a test that no one signed up for and that you can't opt-out of. As far as I know a few people have been given an update that reverted the desktop client back to the much better version. For the rest of us it seems like we're stuck with this shite version until we're one of the lucky chosen ones

I definitely agree with this guy. Had to make a new spotify due to a username I made 10 years ago I didn't want to look at, and now I've got all this "new" stuff I didn't ask for. If I signed up for a beta that's one thing, but I don't want this, and I shouldn't have to use it. Please revert spotify!

It is the end of August 2020 and this is still an issue??  Such a basic thing, and so very frustrating that it was taken away.  Was this just an oversight by spotify when they were doing 'updates'.  Please stop fixing things that work, and in the process, disabling things that we all used.  Has there been any work arounds discovered?

Hey there folks,  

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Keep in mind this isn't expected to be happening anymore since the relevant team managed to resolve the issue. If it does, make sure you try the following:  

• Logging out and back in to your Spotify account
  • Checking if you aren't using the Spotify web player 
  • Performing a clean reinstall to get the latest app version   

However, if this persists after trying these steps, a screenshot/screen recording of what you see would be helpful. That'll make us understand more what's going on directly from your end.

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away.     

Suggested posts