Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Some music does not work. E.g.

Keeno - All The Shimmering Things

Antoine Dufour - Back & Forth 

None of the songs in either of those two albums play for me. They seem to work fine on mobile. This has been an ongoing issue for months. 

5 Replies

Hey @max1c! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That's odd.

Have you tried reinstalling your desktop app? If not here's a step by step tutorial.

What else have you tried in order to fix this problem?

Let me know if that helps, thanks! 

Peace

Hmm, I'm wondering if you even read my post. I've said it WORKS on the phone. It does NOT work on the windows PC dekstop client. And yes, I did try re-installing the desktop app both, from the app store and from the download link provided on spitify's website. 

@max1c 

Sorry, my bad I mixed things up there.

Are you receiving any error messages at all while trying to play these specific albums/songs?

And could you try to log into a different account on your desktop app in order to check if this is an account related issue? 

Thanks!

Peace

There is no error. It just sits there without playing. Here is a screenshot. This happens no matter what song I select from this album. All other albums from the same artist seem to be working.screen.PNG

This must be an account specific issue because the same thing happens on multiple different computers I use. I don't have another account to login. Are you suggesting creating a new account or?

@max1c 

Yes, I guess this is an account related issue. -.-

I'd recommend you to create an new account.

But don't worry, if you make sure that your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can take all of your music/playlists with you. You’ll be able to visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar: spotify:user:username

Be sure to replace username with your own username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there. And be sure to cancel your subscription on your old account, in case you have a Premium account.

Peace

Suggested posts