Premium

Country

Germany

Device

All

Operating System

All

My Question or Issue

I was just looking for the Album "The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory" and couldnt't find it on the Artist page (Makaveli).

Makaveli page not making sense.PNG

I found it by searching for the Album directly, but the songs are all greyed out.

Yesterday i could listen to it all what happened?

Album not available.PNG

When asking google, the answer for greyed out songs was mostly copyright issues for certain countries, but i could listen to it yesterday and since the Album is from 1996 and the Artist is dead i don't see what could've happened yesterday to change copyright.

Also googled for Album/copyright related news (since a lot of people are listening to 2Pac it would probably get an Article or two) and couldn't find anything besides a newly released song.

No copyright news.PNG

   

So yeah what happened?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Poizonix 

I'm not able to play that album either.

I don't know what exactly is going on with the content, but I hope they'll become available very soon!

I took a look in Reddit and there are loads of threads complaining about that, so it's probably not a region-specific thing. Someone using Apple Music not seeing these releases either.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @Poizonix 

I suggest checking if the album is greyed out for you in the web player as well. 🙂

If it is, then it's indeed some change in licensing or something going on.

If it's not, however, then you should try reinstalling your Spotify client.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star

Thanks for the fast reply!

I tried the webplayer and got the same result.

I cleared cache and cookies, turned on a VPN to the US (also tried Canada) opened an incognito Tab and got the same result. 

Are you able to listen to the Album?

I somehow can't belive they took the album down, it's his last living album, and i thought there would be people complaining since he's got more than a million monthly listeners with this album alone.

Thanks for the fast reply!

I tried the webplayer and got the same result.

I cleared cache and cookies, turned on a VPN to the US (also tried Canada) opened an incognito Tab and got the same result.

Are you able to listen to the Album?

I somehow can't belive they took the album down, it's his last living album, and i thought there would be people complaining since he's got more than a million monthly listeners with this album alone.

Same with me, I'm from Australia. "Bomb first" and "Krazy" is blurred out for me just today. Was not like this yesterday. I click on any of the songs and they won't play

I have got the same problem with All Eyez on Me Album

What the **bleep** is happen here?

Anmerkung 2020-04-23 154230.png
Anmerkung 2020-04-23 154303.png
Marked as solution

@Poizonix 

I'm not able to play that album either.

I don't know what exactly is going on with the content, but I hope they'll become available very soon!

I took a look in Reddit and there are loads of threads complaining about that, so it's probably not a region-specific thing. Someone using Apple Music not seeing these releases either.

SebastySpotify Star

Looks like it's back...

Suggested posts