Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!! Not playing songs, Going from bad to worse

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceBrand new Windows 10 PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueOriginally my windows spotify app was randomly not playing certain songs, after doing some google fu i tried a few troubleshooting suggestions. I did ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada Device Brand new Windows 10 PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Originally my windows spotify app was randomly not playing certain...
  • br4d24
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Endless Mix" and radio stations run out of songs.

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Operating SystemAndroid, Windows 10. My Question or Issue When playing an "Endless Mix" or Radio Station, Spotify runs out of songs. Please fix this.

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA     Operating System Android, Windows 10.   My Question or Issue  When playing an "Endless Mix" or Radio Station, Spotify runs out of songs. Ple...
  • cnchead
  • Music Fan
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Music no work :/ HELP ME PLEASE

Hello, sorry if my English is bad, I'm French For a while I do not play music anymore, my playlist is delete all alone, but I can only read local files ! When I go on a playlist of Spotify , it tells me that it is empty ! Help me I'm in Windows 10* T...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, sorry if my English is bad, I'm French 🙂 For a while I do not play music anymore, my playlist is delete all alone, but I can only read local files ! When I go on a playlist of Spotify , it ...
  • Atiipiik1
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

All of the songs in my playlists are gone, including Spotify created playlists.

I recently upgraded to Premium from a free account through a family plan; however, after upgrading and updating on my Windows 10 system, all of the songs in my playlists have ceased to exist. The playlists themselves are still there, but all of the m...

• I recently upgraded to Premium from a free account through a family plan; however, after upgrading and updating on my Windows 10 system, all of the songs in my playlists have ceased to exist. The pla...
  • teddylonglegs
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! all favorites gone

PlanPremiumCountry uSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or Issue so i was having some other issues with polaying songs from artist pages/song i dont have saved and after reinstalling to try and fix that issue, ALL my favorite artists/song...

•   Plan Premium Country  uSA Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue  so i was having some other issues with polaying songs from artist pages/song i ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Saved songs and playlists empty on the desktop app

I am having an issue with the desktop app where my saved songs and playlists are not showing, however on the web browser version they are still there. I have already tried reinstalling the app with no success. Any help will be appreciated.PlanFree/Pr...

• Music Fan
  • I am having an issue with the desktop app where my saved songs and playlists are not showing, however on the web browser version they are still there. I have already tried reinstalling the app with n...
  • Deribbile
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Windows App won't display Sonos devices (Sonos App does, Spotify Mac does)

Hi there, We currently have 3 Sonos devices set up. On my Windows 10 (Microsoft Surface Book 2015) laptop through the Spotify app, the devices do not show up in the "Connect to a Device" menu. On the same Windows 10 computer through the Sonos app, I'...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   We currently have 3 Sonos devices set up.   On my Windows 10 (Microsoft Surface Book 2015) laptop through the Spotify app, the devices do not show up in the "Connect to...
  • lina123
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

windows 10 mode s: spotify with edge does not work

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DevicelaptoopOperating System Windows 10 IMPORTANT: IN MODE S My Question or Issue Not able to get spotify to work in edge (edge is the only browser available in windows 10 mode s) I would prefer to use spotify in edge instead...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device laptoop Operating System  Windows 10 IMPORTANT: IN MODE S   My Question or Issue  Not able to get spotify to work in edge (edge is the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All my songs are gone

PlanFreeCountry MexicoDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue So i wanted to re install it because i was having problems with trying to listen to some songs, after i did that i wanted to check if it really worked and i couldn't listen...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country  Mexico Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  So i wanted to re install it because i was having problems with trying to list...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All my albums and playlists are GONE

PlanPremium (Part of a Family plan)Country HungaryDevice Operating SystemWIN10 My Question or Issue I had some issues with the client, (Beast in Blacks songs weren't playinh) so I reinstalled it. After I logged in, all my playlists and albums were em...

•   Plan Premium (Part of a Family plan) Country  Hungary Device   Operating System WIN10   My Question or Issue  I had some issues with the client, (Beast in Blacks...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Black Screen on Spotify Web Player Web Player

DeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueJust finished building my desktop today and Spotify Web Player does not load (loads a black screen) in both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. Tried the Spotify App on Windows 10 and it works...

• Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Just finished building my desktop today and Spotify Web Player does not load (loads a black screen) in both Microsoft Edge...
  • LucasVanzin
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Win10] Spotify not closing and taking up huge amounts of CPU power

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDesktop PC Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hi there,whenever I close Spotify it does not close properly. No matter whether I close it via clicking the X, using the menu or the icon in my system tray, it ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Desktop PC   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Hi there, whenever I close Spotify it does not close properly. No mat...
  • Blackbot
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify wont play music!

PlanPremiumCountry united kingdomDeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10 (latest update) My Question or Issue my spotify just seems to be broken i would click a song on my desktop and it doesnt play i would try and play on my phone and it plays i ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  united kingdom Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10 (latest update)   My Question or Issue  my spotify just seems to be broken i would click a ...
  • Joshua152
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Error: Spotify no puede reproducir esto en este momento (W10)

Hola, Estaba escuchando Spotify y de repente la canción se ha cortado, ha dejado de sonar y ha aparecido el error:Spotify no puede reproducir esto en este momento. Si tienes el archivo en el ordenador puedes importarlo.He probado a cerrar Spotify, a ...

spotify error.png
  • Hola,  Estaba escuchando Spotify y de repente la canción se ha cortado, ha dejado de sonar y ha aparecido el error: Spotify no puede reproducir esto en este momento. Si tienes el archivo en el...
  • mmrojas96
  • Visitor
  • 15 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Error
  • 15 replies
  • 6 likes

"the migration of your data has failed"

Hello all, i'm annoyed. Because, i have a big problem.When i install, or i uninstall spotify (pc), i have this text : "the migration of your data has failed".I have uninstall spotify much time, but nothing to do. Impossible!All playlist are empty, my...

• Hello all, i'm annoyed. Because, i have a big problem. When i install, or i uninstall spotify (pc), i have this text : "the migration of your data has failed". I have uninstall spotify much time, b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music is gone, Can't Listen to not-songs, and all usual solutions aren't working.

So recently i haven't been able to listen to new music, fine cause i have the 10k limit plently of music. After weeks i decided to get rid of a few albums in favor of something new and of course it didn't work and i've had this problem before and it ...

• Casual Listener
  •   So recently i haven't been able to listen to new music, fine cause i have the 10k limit plently of music. After weeks i decided to get rid of a few albums in favor of something new and of cou...
  • marikoabdoulaye
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Won't Play Anything on my Computer, PC App and Web Player don't Work

Plan PremiumFree/PremiumCountry USA Device Asus ROG Windows 10 LaptopOperating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I've seen that other people are having this problem as well, but I'd like to make my own thread for it. Ever since yesterday, Spotif...

• Plan Premium Free/Premium Country USA   Device Asus ROG Windows 10 Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I've seen that other people are having this proble...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

(detailed issue) Certain songs can't play in spotify

PlanFreeCountry SwedenDevice(Huawei mate 10 pro)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue As title says. For example, if I go into any artist literally (No examples needed, literally any artist at all) and pick a song, sometimes it's able to pl...

• Plan Free Country  Sweden Device (Huawei mate 10 pro) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  As title says. For example, if I go into any artist literally (No ex...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Go to browse and won't play anything

I'm using Win10 I've tried uninstall reinstall turning off cross fading and Hardware acceleration and restarting my PC entirely.. just says go to browse when on song, artist, album, station, video, and podcast.. idk what to do at this point.. Also wo...

• I'm using Win10 I've tried uninstall reinstall turning off cross fading and Hardware acceleration and restarting my PC entirely.. just says go to browse when on song, artist, album, station, video, a...
  • A_Musicophile
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes