Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

Confusing delimitations

Operating SystemI'm using the Spotify's Windows Desktop Version. Not sure if my issue only applies to this version. My Question or IssueFirst of all, I don't know if this is the right place to post this, maybe someone has a better idea? Nevertheless,...

• Operating System I'm using the Spotify's Windows Desktop Version. Not sure if my issue only applies to this version.    My Question or Issue First of all, I don't know if this is the ri...
  • Jᴀᴄᴋ
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • confused
    Desktop Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop and mobile not talking to each other

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceiPhone X/PCOperating SystemiOS 12.2/Windows 10 My Question or Issueso im having some issues with communication between my PC and phone. Both logged in to the same account, have logged out and restarted both devices. So when...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK   Device iPhone X/PC Operating System iOS 12.2/Windows 10   My Question or Issue so im having some issues with communication between my PC and phone. Both...
  • MagicHat
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Skipping tracks continuously

Plan: Family as well as freeCountry: BEDevices: (Samsung Galaxy 9 and Windows)Operating System: (Android and Windows 10) My Question or IssueSince today songs keep skipping every second on my Windows 10 laptop. 1) Uninstalled Spotify, deleted AppData...

• Plan: Family as well as free Country: BE Devices: (Samsung Galaxy 9 and Windows) Operating System: (Android and Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Since today songs keep skipping every s...
  • A_Musicophile
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting google assistant to play an album

Does anybody know if there's a way to get google assistant to recognise that you're looking for an album rather than a song with the same name? So, random example, the album 'Bad' by Michael Jackson - asking for it just gets you the song rather than ...

•   Does anybody know if there's a way to get google assistant to recognise that you're looking for an album rather than a song with the same name?    So, random example, the album 'B...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

does spotify send emails re password reset

PlanFree/Premium/premiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free/Premium/premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Maximized window restores incorrectly after being closed to tray

When set to close to tray, if Spotify is maximized and is closed to the tray and is then restored from the tray, the window restores maximized, but not correctly aligned with the top of the screen.

• Casual Listener
  • When set to close to tray, if Spotify is maximized and is closed to the tray and is then restored from the tray, the window restores maximized, but not correctly aligned with the top of the screen.
  • bnlcaholik
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Automatically Adds Every Song I Hear to the Current Playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI created a large playlist consisting of 300-400 songs. Every time I play this playlist on shuffle, the song I listen to somehow gets re-added to the playlist. It d...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device PC Operating System Windows 10     My Question or Issue I created a large playlist consisting of 300-400 songs. Every time I play this ...
  • czsrba_ta-8dt
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • bug
    Playlist
    repeat
    shuffle
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop app wont sync with mobile

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHello guys, I have a problem, recently I changed my cellphone to a new one and I logged in wi...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hello g...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleted songs in Playlist - How do I undo?

PlanFamily PremiumCountryU.s.DevicePCOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueWhile copying the titles to a text file, I inadvertently deleted all of the songs (164) in a Playlist. Is there anyway to restore them? P...

• Plan Family Premium Country U.s. Device PC Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue While copying the titles to a text file, I inadvertently...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps pausing

Spotify keeps randomly pausing for no reason at all. It also randomly unpauses. There is no pattern. I checked for solutions, and most of them are for android. I tried the one for PC, with no result.

• Spotify keeps randomly pausing for no reason at all. It also randomly unpauses. There is no pattern. I checked for solutions, and most of them are for android. I tried the one for PC, with no result.
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs in a playlist turn into local files which they're not

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 I am having an annoying problem with my playlists. Tracks that I've added from Spotify, so they're not local files, turning theirselves into local files after a while and and show up like ...

• Plan Premium Country Argentina Device PC Operating System Windows 10   I am having an annoying problem with my playlists. Tracks that I've added from Spotify, so they're not local files...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play any song on my laptop

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceDell Latitude 3580 LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I am running spotify on my laptop I cannot listen to any song. I have tried closing and opening the app countless times, as well as deleting...

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device Dell Latitude 3580 Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I am running spotify on my laptop I cannot listen to any song. I...
  • Jollof
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify always auto starts

Windows 10, Spotify Desktop player always auto starts with my computer even though the setting "Open spotify automatically after you log in to the computer" is set to "No". Please fix

• Windows 10, Spotify Desktop player always auto starts with my computer even though the setting "Open spotify automatically after you log in to the computer" is set to "No". Please fix
  • Jollof
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Synchronization problems with windows application

PremiumColombia DeviceAsus LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10Hi everyone, in this moment I have a issue with windows app. When a create a playlist on android app I see it on windows app but don't appear the songs into it. In general, all my android act...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Colombia   Device Asus Laptop Operating System Windows 10 Hi everyone, in this moment I have a issue with windows app. When a create a playlist on android app I see it on window...
  • alanaleger
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • syncronization
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

What is the point in listing local files if its ONLY mp3s?

Seriously, no one should be downloading mp3s after 2010, and very few people still are. Why can you only play lossy mp3s, and not WAVs, which are literally the second most common audio file type. The default download type on sites like bandcamp. Wher...

• Casual Listener
  •  Seriously, no one should be downloading mp3s after 2010, and very few people still are. Why can you only play lossy mp3s, and not WAVs, which are literally the second most common audio file typ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Formats
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Windows 10 - Removed playlist but my friend is still listening my songs

PlanFreeCountryPolandWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello everyone. I have a problem. Every time I launch Spotify, I switch my account to private session, all playlists are private, every new playlist is private, but my friend still keeps listening t...

• Plan Free Country Poland Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello everyone. I have a problem. Every time I launch Spotify, I switch my account to private session, all playlists are private...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Searching by songs, list stops loading

My Question or IssueExample: I search for a song "stain"I click in "songs"It loads the fist batch of songsI scroll down, the refresh icon appears briefly and it loads the second batchWhen I scroll down for the second time, the refresh icon appears an...

• Regular
  • My Question or Issue Example: I search for a song "stain" I click in "songs" It loads the fist batch of songs I scroll down, the refresh icon appears briefly and it loads the second batch When I...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows doesn't download my songs

Hi!The thing here is that my pc does not download my music, it's weird because two weeks ago everything was ok. Suddenly appeared a message saying “Downloading songs 1 of ....” it doesn't download more. PlanPremiumCountryMexicoDeviceHP Probook 4540sO...

• Hi! The thing here is that my pc does not download my music, it's weird because two weeks ago everything was ok.  Suddenly appeared a message saying “Downloading songs 1 of ....” it doesn't do...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify su PC non funziona più

PlanPremiumItalyCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueSto usando spotify su Windows 7 e negli ultimi giorni quando clicco sull'icona se è tramite il menu Start o il desktop shotcut, la piccola cerchia sembra avvia ma poi se ne...

• Plan Premium ItalyCountry   Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Sto usando spotify su Windows 7 e negli ultimi giorni quando clicco sull'icona se è tramite...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

cannot play new song with proxy HTTP

PlanPremiumCountry Device(Notebook Dell)Operating System(Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763) My Question or IssueHi, I using application on Windows and set Proxy HTTP, everything that my configuration is currect.but song cannot play. but...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device (Notebook Dell) Operating System (Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763)   My Question or Issue Hi, I using application on Windows ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes