Free/Premium

Country

United States

Device

Windows PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am having a problem with the mute button as every time I click on it, the volumes goes to 0% and then I have to click it again for the icon to show that it's muted and when I click the mute button again to unmute the current track, the volume doesn't go back to where it was.

If you can fix this issue that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

2 Replies

Hey there @Brillate

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way, you can start afresh with Spotify on your device. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Same thing happens for me (on macOS), even after complete uninstall/clean reinstall.

In the past, it might have happened occasionally for me when muting, but within the past week or two, I noticed that it now happens consistently 100% of the time I mute. (I only noticed it because some of the commercials are so loud between songs, I have to mute them.)

Other people have reported this mute problem in the past:

Here's an animated GIF showing the Spotify mute/volume controls.  Starting at full volume, the tooltip on the mute button says "Mute". Click the mute button once; but instead of muting, it sets the volume to zero, and the icon still indicates that it's not muted (no "x"), and the tooltip still says "Mute". Next, click the mute button again; now it mutes (icon changes to "x"), and now the tooltip says "Unmute". Finally, click again to unmute; the volume slider stays at zero, and you have to manually drag it to unmute. Expected behavior: when you click to unmute, it should automatically return to the same volume level it was at before, without having to drag the volume slider.

SpotifyMute.gif

Plan

Free

Country

Canada

Device

Mac

Operating System

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Spotify Version

1.1.30.658.gf13cde74

P.S.: Lol, first tried to upload an MP4 video of that, and it said, "The file type (.mp4) is not supported. Valid file types are: jpg, gif, pdf, png, zip, .mp4."

The supported file type is not supported.png

Suggested posts