Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My controls on my PC are greyed out.

My controls on my PC are greyed out.

I've been searching for help on this for a while now. I am the administrator of this PC. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify. I have restarted my PC. I have checked suggested settings. And I still cannot play a single thing from my PC. I'm about ready to cancel my subscription because there seems to be on way to get help. I keep getting sent to "greyed out songs" which is irrelevant.
2 Replies

Hey there, I'm sorry you're having some issues with the Spotify app.

Sometimes on my PC the controls in the Now Playing bar gray out until I select a playlist or song to play, but I'd assume your problem is different.

Could you send a screenshot of what you're seeing?

You've said that you've reinstalled Spotify. Was this a normal reinstall or a clean reinstall? If it was normal, please try the ladder.

The greyed out songs might be occur because of these situations, (as far as i know)

1 The song/album that you're trying to access might not be in your country

2 Connection error/Network issue

3 Censorship issues

You might want to check if something is wrong about music audit system in your country that can cause the third problem.

The first problem is pretty similar to the third one still caused by your country, but now its with label nor the artists.

About the second one it might be caused by connection lost in your computer, do an clean reinstall like kaworu_bloodpaw recomended and if that doesn't fixes your problem, log in with your account to an device with wi-fi or cellular data if its still greyed out it might be a problem with your account!

Suggested posts