Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Notebook

Operating System

Windows 8.1

My Question or Issue

I had to notice today that the design of Spotify has changed again. I guess this can't be undone, right? The previous design was much more compact, if I remember correctly. I think the top and bottom bars are too wide, it just takes up space, especially if you have a small screen. Is there anything I can do to change the design?

Top Answer
Yordan

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your input so far - we appreciate it!

We can confirm that this was a test that will be gradually coming to an end over the course of the next couple of days. Some of you might have already received the update - it should roll out to the rest of you soon as well.

Thanks again for your feedback. The suggestions you've submitted here will be taken into consideration moving forward.

The Community is always here if something else comes up.

Have a good one!

43 Replies

Hi @Jonybtw and @ArnavToshniwal,

Apologies for any confusion created on our end.

The new design of the desktop app and the Web Player is something we're testing out for some users. This means that not everyone will see these changes, and it's not possible to opt in or out of them.

We’re always trying out possible improvements though, so you may get access to another limited feature temporarily on the app instead.

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,
I received the new UI on desktop just now but I don't want it. How do I get rid of it?

Hey @12139741415

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Currently, it's not possible to opt-out of these tests. However, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Why I, as premium user, should be tester without the possibility to going out?

I'm paying for the service and I don't want to be a beta tester.

Stupidly allowed Windows desktop app to update and am greeted to a stark black bubbly eyesore of a new UI. Please stop doing this, this looks like Zune software from 2009, which was arguable still prettier than this. At least allow us to change it back since it seems only changed to make it ugly.

I was really enjoying the new Spotify UI update (the one where the search bar was permanently visible).

However I've just updated the app (on Windows desktop) and it's reverted to the old style UI where the search box is on the left sidebar.

Any way of getting the new UI back?

App version is 1.1.96.785.g464c973a

Same here

I just updated too but the new look is worse. The search bar used to be at the top all the time, but now it shows up as an icon on the left. (Played song view is small.)

I didn't even update it, I'm still on 1.1.95.893.g6cf4d40c, Microsoft Store version, it just suddenly reverted on its own.

Drop me this version or give me the download link please! My new version is 1.1.96.785.g464c973a and I didn't like it at all.

HDD_2-1665683178974.png

Old Version

[Deleted]

I don't like this new update, you changed the color to black on the side bars and the edges arn't curved anymore, PUT THE OLD UPDATE BACK, the friends button isnt there near the mic and this update looks a lot worse and i liked the old update. now when friends are online it shows a little blue dot and not a green anymore and it looks weird, i liked the green dot better.

I had the new UI for desktop and really liked it over the previous style. Sadly, after an update, Spotify has reverted to the previous style UI. Having the search bar always visible was a big improvement instead of having to click on 'Search' on the left navbar to access the search bar. The visual layout tweak was also an improvement over the previous style. Please restore this Spotfy!

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your input so far - we appreciate it!

We can confirm that this was a test that will be gradually coming to an end over the course of the next couple of days. Some of you might have already received the update - it should roll out to the rest of you soon as well.

Thanks again for your feedback. The suggestions you've submitted here will be taken into consideration moving forward.

The Community is always here if something else comes up.

Have a good one!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the update, Yordan. Can you advise what version will be the one we'll all be using going forward - the one with the permanent search bar at the top or the one where the search option is on the left hand navbar?

Thanks.

The new UI is great and I liked it over the old one, but the search bar UI makes it difficult to move the window as trying to drag the window by the title bar activates the search bar instead. I still want the search bar where it is in the new UI but it just that left mouse button hold shouldn't activate the search instead let it move the window how it does without that bar there.  

Hi I enjoyed the new design but dowgraded from nowhere to the other UI, can I keep with this new design?

for once it wasn't too bad they had to reverted it **bleep**. Wasn't perfect but far better then the old new UI we been complaining for way too long at this point. Still miss the dedicated column for artists, the artist page with all the song exposed like it used too instead of having to click around to show all the songs, 10 000 playlist limit?? why? I want all my songs in 1 playlist... and i'm not even gonna talk about the IOS app UI. Oh and the sound quality is so much better on Apple Music like can we start there @spotify? Like what is suppose to retained ourselves at this point?

i had it, liked it ~ kinda, wasn't perfect but far better than the old new UI we been complaining for way to long at this point. Will it be back? The pure black bubble and top search bar looked good. Still wait for better sound quality, over 10 000 songs per playlist, dedicated column for artist, artist page showing all the song like it used too...

The new (permanent top home icon/search bar) one's UI information/button graphical structure is poorly designed.

Please don't make that version official release, PLEASE. Thanks.

I'm really glad I got old one back.

Suggested posts