Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Notebook

Operating System

Windows 8.1

My Question or Issue

I had to notice today that the design of Spotify has changed again. I guess this can't be undone, right? The previous design was much more compact, if I remember correctly. I think the top and bottom bars are too wide, it just takes up space, especially if you have a small screen. Is there anything I can do to change the design?

Top Answer
Yordan

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your input so far - we appreciate it!

We can confirm that this was a test that will be gradually coming to an end over the course of the next couple of days. Some of you might have already received the update - it should roll out to the rest of you soon as well.

Thanks again for your feedback. The suggestions you've submitted here will be taken into consideration moving forward.

The Community is always here if something else comes up.

Have a good one!

43 Replies

hello, last week i was enjoying the new coolest (kind of tidal) UI of spotify and today have noticed the old one is back. Any idea of why this happened? 🥺

2022-09-27 at 22.07.41.jpg

Please add this new UI to my account asap, I need it badly. Much better then current one.

I think you were lucky one to test it, I think they need to add it back.

This is even worse. I don't like this design. 😡SCR-20230329-ogag.png

Hey @kosmonaut__ 

It looks like you are seeing a change that Spotify is testing.

Here's how to get it as close as possible to the old sidebar:

In the left "Your Library" sidebar, click on the "Playlists" filter.

Then, in the sort drop down select "Custom order". You will then see your previous playlist order and be able to reorganize your playlists (move playlists and folders like before)

Your current preference will be remembered each time you start up the Spotify desktop app.

If you would like to only see text in the Your Library sidebar, go to the Spotify app Settings ---> Library ---> and select "use compact library".

You can also drag the left sidebar to different sizes, as well as fully expand the sidebar by clicking the arrow button, and fully collapse the sidebar by clicking on the "Your Library" heading.

The album art experience in the bottom left corner is still being improved. Stay tuned for future improvements.

Hopefully this info helps!

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts