Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No way to play all the albums in my library at random and uselessness of Album-tab

Solved!

No way to play all the albums in my library at random and uselessness of Album-tab

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue:

Is there any way to play all the songs from all the albums in my library at random? In the "Albums" tab there is no option to play anything - you can only jump to the album page. This makes it pretty much useless - especially because only eight albums fit on the screen at a time so you can not even browse them effectively.

I used to play songs randomly from my entire library from the songs tab. In some Spotify update the individual songs are no longer added to the library if I "heart" an album. Also the amount of songs you can add to the new "liked songs" tab is limited I've understood. It is also annoying to "heart" the songs one by one.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @hekemon, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

I'd suggest submitting an idea about the Albums sectiont in Idea Submissions board if you like for it to change. That way people will give their opinion on comments and support the idea.

You can still shuffle play them, just visit Liked Songs and make sure you have the shuffle option enabled in the bottom bar then hit Play. 

Now you can save the album if you like it in your Albums tab by clicking the heart icon. To save all the songs hold CTRL + A in your keyboard, right click in any song in the album then hit Save to your Liked Songs.

Also, check this Spotify Answer to learn more about changes in Your Library.

Hope it helps 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @hekemon, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

I'd suggest submitting an idea about the Albums sectiont in Idea Submissions board if you like for it to change. That way people will give their opinion on comments and support the idea.

You can still shuffle play them, just visit Liked Songs and make sure you have the shuffle option enabled in the bottom bar then hit Play. 

Now you can save the album if you like it in your Albums tab by clicking the heart icon. To save all the songs hold CTRL + A in your keyboard, right click in any song in the album then hit Save to your Liked Songs.

Also, check this Spotify Answer to learn more about changes in Your Library.

Hope it helps 🙂

You can use this browser plugin to build a playlist with all songs from all saved or liked albums. That's pretty close to the old My Songs tab.

https://github.com/rimutaka/spotify-play-all-saved-albums/releases

addon.png

Suggested posts