Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pause Media Key pauses Youtube instead of Spotfy

Pause Media Key pauses Youtube instead of Spotfy

I have owned my Dell XPS 15 for 2 years. Today when I turn my laptop on and launch spotfy whilst watching a youtube video, my pause media key starts pausing youtube instead of spotfy (I have never been able to pause youtube before with media keys so this is very strange). Can someone help? I just want to be able to pause spotify whilst watching youtube videos with my F5 pause key like before!

25 Replies

Thank you soooo much! How you figured this out is beyond me, but bless you for doing it and spreading your knowledge. I was 1 accidental Youtube un-pause away from throwing things ๐Ÿ˜„

THANK YOU SO MUCH! you are a lifesaver dude/dudette

legend. Thank you. Give this man a free year of premium!!!

@rabidvoid wrote:

SOLUTION  HERE:

chrome://flags/#hardware-media-key-handling

Paste into chrome, then choose disable from the drop down on the left of the highlighted text.

Alright spotify hook me up with a month of premium plz ๐Ÿ˜„

Signed up to community just to thank you for this! its been doing my head in.

JUST A HERO!

I'd like to add that this worked AND fixed ANOTHER problem I was having with YouTube+Spotify. Here's the problem (now fixed):

If I were to have Spotify playing at the background, and then started ANY YouTube video on Chrome, as soon as I clicked on "pause" on this video, it would automatically make spotify go MUTE, but with all the volume dials turned up. Spotify would remain muted (broken) until I clicked on "play" on that same youtube video. It would remain broken like that and the only fix I found was to close spotify and open it again. It would break again though as soon as I paused any next youtube video.

But this fixed it! Thanks a lot.

Suggested posts