Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pictures not showing/loading in Discover or for users

Solved!

Pictures not showing/loading in Discover or for users

As you can see from the attached files, pictures are not showing/loading in my Spoify for users or on the Discover page. It does show for artists, and the albums covers also. 

I've tried logging in and out, disconnecting and reconnecting to Facebook, but it didn't help. It's been like this through several Spotify updates. Any suggestions as to how I can solve this?

Edit: I'm using W7and a proxy.

spotify pics profile and followers.PNG
spotify pics.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

open C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\prefs

change proxy protocol with http instead of https and its done 🙂 

network.proxy.addr

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Worked for me as well!
Had just to tick the box that says "no proxy"! 

Thanks a lot!

Marked as solution

sedatcans: Thanks for the info.

For Mac OSX:

1. Cose Spotify if it is open.
  2. Open Finder then click Go > Library in the menu bar. (You may need to hold the Option key if Library isn’t visible).
  3. Go to Application Support > Spotify and open the prefs file in TextEditor.app.
  4. change the network.proxy.addr preference to include http instead of https and save.
  5. Restart Spotify

80 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

What OS and Spotify version are you running?

I think I saw something like this a few days back.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Yeah, I just saw I forgot to mention it 🙂

Running W7 and Spotify 0.9.1.57.ge7405149.

@nihie wrote:

Yeah, I just saw I forgot to mention it 🙂

Running W7 and Spotify 0.9.1.57.ge7405149.

Hi,

Just saw in the edit of your first post that you said you have a proxy. Have you tried going to Edit>Preferences and making sure that the proxy is confirgured correctly?

Are you able to try it without a proxy?

Just checked, and there is an unconfirmed (but pretty confirmed in terms of the fact that it exists, it's just not registered as a bug at Spotify yet) bug about apps not working behind a proxy. If it does work out of a proxy but not behind one, let me know and I'll add it into an escalation made to Spotify about this issue.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Have the same problem at work, but cannot override the proxy.

At home without a proxy it works fine for me.

Using at both PC the latest spotify version (auto updater) with Windows 7 and got the problem since the new view exist in the client.

I'll have to wait until I'm home today to test it there. So I'll let you know then.

Sorry for the late answer.

I tried logging on at home, outside the proxy, and I saw the pictures. I tried with a different computer than the one i use at work. 

same here!

seems for some reason it doesnt load the pictures via proxy on the discover page althouth music and everything else is working fine via proxy.

Any news on resolving this?

Just installed the latest update and still facing the same issue.

Again, everything is working, including cover arts and pictures of friends/followers.

Just the Discover/Entdecken page shows no pictures at all... (see attachment)

Greetz

Spot_proxy.jpg

@Nordmann - Are you connecting from home or via another network? 

I've seen it before where certain company networks or proxies remove the images from incoming HTTP packets. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

At work proxy allows/supports http 1.0 and 1.1 and SSL CONNECT Connections.

As stated already before it loads all other images, cover arts, friends avatars and listening to music of course works also fine...

just no pictures at the discover page

(so i'm still guessing it's a bug that the pics on this page doesnt get loaded via the proxy Spotify is using)

I can confirm that I have the same issue on OX Mavericks (also had the same problem on OS X Mountain Lion).

Spotify Version 0.9.6.72.ge389c074

OS Version: OS X 10.9 (13A603)

I have a squid proxy set up and only some images are loaded i.e. Discovery and album images on band pages have no images but Band banners, playlists icons and now playing album images all display properly. When I use Spotify on the same computer not behind a proxy all images load. It looks like not all your requests for images are aware of the proxy settings and are failing.

Same problem here on Windows 8.1, Spotify version 0.9.7.16.

Discover images are not loaded properly with HTTPS proxy settings enabled. After a clean resintall images are shown all at the first launch, after closing Spotify and launching again they are not shown anymore, gray box.

Even the thumb images Less Like This and More Like This are not displayed.

On all other Spotify tabs image loading works well.

I am also running a squid proxy, for spotify, but the OS has it's own proxy settings.  I want to send Spotify over it's own proxy.  Right now, music works, but pictures are missing from Discover, and the Browse section doesn't load at all.  It's like the Browse and Discover sections use the proxy settings from the OS and ignore the proxy settings in the preferences.

Any thoughts or progress on how to fix this?

My proxy is obviously configured in Spotify correctly or I can't connect and play music.

I've just downloaded the latest version 0.9.8.296 and the problem still persists.

The images are missing from

Discover page

Follow page

Under Your Music

Albums page

Artists page

Also if I go to an Artist to see their albums there are no images, however if I open an album the image loads fine and the other albums listed show their images.

Windows 7 64bit

I can play music, but I can't see some buttons of the UI, like the play button in the version 0.9.8.296 in windows 8.1 Pro 64bits. See the image below:

Imagen 229.png

Here's a few screenshots from what I see on my PC via the proxy

Browse view

Discover view

My Albums

Album view - OK

Spotifiy appears to look exactly the same on my computer.

Would be great if anybody had a solution to this problem.

Already tried the solutions that were suggested here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-Windows-player-Discovery-screen-f...

I've tried setting up a CNTLM local proxy server and there's no difference in the behaviour.

Logging the proxy I do see there's a lot of the following errors that maybe related to the images not loading?

******* Round 1 C: 12 *******
headers_recv: fd 11 error -4
Reading headers (12)...
Joining thread 537380216; rc: 0
HEAD: headers_recv: Unknown header ().
headers_recv: fd 12 error -4

I've also tried using ProcMon to see what Spotify is up to but there's so much traffic it's pretty baffling. It does seem to be accessing the Internet via a lot of ports though. Any help from the developers would be greatly appreciated,

OK here'san interesting discovery.

I switched to an alternative wireless network at work, one that has no proxy and connects directly to the Internet.

All images work and load fine, no issues.

So I switch back to the network with the proxy and the images it downloaded while directly connected are still showing, i.e. new button images and some of the album covers in the Your Music section still show, so they're obviously being cached.

These appear to be stored in C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Data\resources.zip

So why aren't these images being downloaded when going through a proxy?

Are they tring to access them over a specific port that the proxy is blocking?

Can someone from Spotify enlighten us?

Or is someone prepared to hunt down what's going on?

Suggested posts