Premium

Country

United States

Device

HP Stream 14"

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Recently, the bottom bar (that contains the play/pause, shuffle, skip, etc buttons) has disappeared. I figured out that zooming into the max allows it to be seen at the very bottom of the screen but I can't figure out why it doesn't show up when the zoom is set to normal. 

Screenshot (12).png
Screenshot (11).png
14 Replies

Hey there @cocobeanz19

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

Would you mind letting us know if you've already tried performing a clean reinstall of the app? This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you ask a friend or a family member to log into their account using your device to see if they can replicate this issue? 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Sorry for not mentioning it earlier but I tried a clean install twice. I
don’t think I have a friend or family member who could log into their
account on this device. Is there anything else I could do to help?

Hey there @cocobeanz19,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you create a new free account and see if the issue persist? This will help jus understand if it's account related or not.

It would also be great if you can let us know which version of the app you have?

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Just checked and I'm on version 1.1.54.592.gc0b20638

I also created a new free account and the problem still persists.

Hey @cocobeanz19,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

It sound like this could be a device-related issue. Could you share with us what version of the app you're using? In case you're using the one from our website, you can download the app from Microsoft Store to see if anything changes.

We'd suggest you also try running the app as administrator. Are there any changes?

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Im now having this issue on a galaxy s21.

I'm having the same issue. Same device as the other user. But I've had this device for about 4mths and this issue is new from the past few days.

I have the same issue on my phone. No problem for over a year, but the bar has disappeared today

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

The folks at our tech team are currently looking into this, so make sure to vote for the Ongoing Issue here, if you haven't already.  Make sure to provide us with the info we're asking for in the Status update in the comments. 

Also, it'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Spotify version 8-7-20-1261

I have reinstalled Spotify on my Android Mobile three times. The above subject works for maybe an hour then disappears again and does not return.

The subject works OK on my PC.

This has happened all of a sudden and was working fine up until now.

I have a Spotify Premium program.

Can you assist

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies.

This is still being looked into.

As @unclerk mentions - we recommend that you always keep your app up to date. You can do that by following the steps that's provided here.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I'm having this same issue on my desktop

Adding to my original comment, i've since deleted and reinstalled the app. It worked, then the issue came back about a day or so later. I deleted and reinstalled the app again, and it seems to be working. Given the difference in use cases (laptop, cell phone), It looks like this is indeed an issue on the Spotify side.

Hey folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We’re aware of an Ongoing Issue causing the behavior that you describe. Rest assured that the team in charge is currently looking into it. 

In this case, we’d recommend adding your +VOTE to this Ongoing Issue. You can also subscribe to it by clicking the three-dot menu next to the title to be aware of any relevant updates posted.

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts