NEXT STEP

Playback speed for podcast removed

Playback speed for podcast removed

Operating System

Windows 10

Desktop Version

1.1.41.634.gc2c73ca7

My Question or Issue

Playback speed is removed for podcast. Please add it back. Every other Podcast app has this feature.

4 Replies

Please, Spotify. It is truly absurd that such a necessary feature is inconsistently available between platforms, especially when you're basically bundling a web app for the desktop client anyway.

Add playback speed to the windows desktop client, don't make me spend hours reverse engineering my own solution.

Hey @Kasboh and @Phiz,

Thanks posting here in the Community!

Playback speed options for podcasts are currently available for the Spotify app on desktop, mobile and tablet devices. This Support Article has detailed instructions on where to find them.

If this option is missing, it's possible that the app's installation files have gotten damaged. This is usually resolved by performing a clean reinstall. You can find steps on how to do one here.

If that doesn't fix things please share the make and model of your device, your app version and a couple of screenshots of how the app is displayed at your end. Just make sure to hide any private/sensitive info.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Mihail,

Thanks for your comment, on further review it is just that playback speed controls are missing for podcasts that include video content - I do see the controls for audio only casts.

It would be good if Spotify could make this consistent and also include playback speed controls for video podcasts.

Cheers!

Hey @Phiz,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Currently there isn't an option to toggle the playback speed for podcasts with videos. If you think that this is something that also other users might be interested in, we recommend that you post an idea that requests this feature. You can learn how to do this here.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts