Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing any song results in"Spotify cant play this right now..." but works in web play and mobile

Solved!

Playing any song results in"Spotify cant play this right now..." but works in web play and mobile

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I was using Spotify yesterday 07/24/2022 and it was working perfectly fine and now today 07/25/2022 any time I have tried to use the desktop app to play any song, liked/unliked from a playlist, etc, any song from any location (I don't have any downloaded) it has displayed this message. I have tried restarting the app and my computer, I then tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't work. I then tried to install the windows store version of the app, but still nothing. Tried deleting the app cache data from my PC. After removing everything to do with Spotify I then tried to restart my PC again and then reinstalled it again, nothing still. The most annoying thing is the web player works, and my iPhone still works for playback. I also had another person log in with their account to see if they could play songs but no luck. I made sure my windows version is up to date as well as my Spotify app. I have run out of things to try. Please let me know if there are any other fixes that anyone knows about or else I just have to hope this issue gets resolved soon.

Spotify not working.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ia2299,

Thanks for posting in the Community and the troubleshooting you've already tried.

This error message may also be related to the sound output settings of your PC.

You can try switching the output device and changing the output quality settings to see if it makes a difference.

If you're using an external sound card, try switching to the internal one for a moment. Also reinstall the sound drivers.

It's also worth checking if you've installed software, that can manage the output in some way. This can also lead to interference.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @ia2299,

Thanks for posting in the Community and the troubleshooting you've already tried.

This error message may also be related to the sound output settings of your PC.

You can try switching the output device and changing the output quality settings to see if it makes a difference.

If you're using an external sound card, try switching to the internal one for a moment. Also reinstall the sound drivers.

It's also worth checking if you've installed software, that can manage the output in some way. This can also lead to interference.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts