Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Desktop to Sony STR-DN1080 via connect

Operating System

Windows  10 2004, Spotify 1.1.43.700.g20acee0f

My Question or Issue

After the latest update I  noticed that when playing with connect to my AVR, the the song doesn't change. If I close the app and open it again, then it gets the correct song. It looks like playback would've halted to the end of latest. Anyone else with this issue?

4 Replies

Hi there @Waldo_gg,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Could you give us a more detailed explanation of your issue? What happens when you press play on a certain track while connected to your Sound system. Playback should start automatically when the speaker is selected.

Send us a video or some screenshots. You can attach the to your response.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

We'll it looks like everything is normal except, that time doesn't progress or change to next track when clicking to next.

So, all controls work as expected, but UI is not updated any until I close the app and re-open it. Then it shows correctly the new track and time progresses.

Hey there @Waldo_gg,

Thanks for getting back in touch and for the extra info.

We recommend running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

It's also a good idea to restart your router by unplugging it from power for at least 15 seconds.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if the same happens when you cast to your sound system from a different device via Connect?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I in turn would recommend Spotify to fix the bug instead of telling potentially large amounts of users to "reinstall and switch it off and on again".

Suggested posts